d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Well I went out and this is the best pic I could get with out help. Cyn was trying to crawl up on my head and Gus was tunning from one end of the cage to the other because she had left him. She is a card and he is more reserved.

I'll get better pics tomorrow. He isn't as yellow as the light makes him look.
Karen, they're porcelain. I can see the spots. They're just much more subtle on the porcelains. Look at a blow up of your camera shot of the pullet and you'll see her spots.

Yeah after I got her off my back I noticed them. I'm used to the more prominent spots on my d'Uccle, but they ate 2 years old and gone through a couple of molts. From what I understand the pattern comes out better after their first molt.

Better pictures.

I'm so glad I found this thread, because I loooove D'anvers! I have 3 Quail now, but they're getting old, and are ready to be retired from show. I'd really like to find a good breeder near Washington, but I can't seem to find anyone. Any suggestions?

I know of a few people with my blue quail line that often produces some pretty nice quails. They just got some of my last birds in WA in December. Will PM you their info if you're interested.

BBB, it'd be great if I could try to get some. I'm not sure how well the chicks would be if they were shipped that far, but we do have a decent incubator if I got some eggs. How much do you charge?

Thanks, Kristen, it'd be great if I could get that info!

BBB, it'd be great if I could try to get some. I'm not sure how well the chicks would be if they were shipped that far, but we do have a decent incubator if I got some eggs. How much do you charge?

Thanks, Kristen, it'd be great if I could get that info!

I have had good luck with hatching eggs shipped from Georgia to California from Aubrey.
big_smile.png

I also just set up my breeding pen for blue/black/dun mottled d'Anvers. 4 weeks and I should start having eggs available.

It's not the distance they're shipped, but how fast they get there and how they're handled in the meantime. They can go from GA to CA in two to three days and be fine. :)

Yep, health of the flock, age of the eggs, how they are packaged, time in transit and how the postal service treats them. I get my eggs on the third day from the day they are shipped, no matter where they come from.

Back
Top Bottom