d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Thought I'd share a pic of my sweetest d'Anver, Schnitzel.
smile.png

I have one Tinamight that is little and looks like her

Yay! Chicks are hatching today!
jumpy.gif
So far I have 1 solid black, 1 solid blue, 3 blue mottled, 3 black mottled and 1 that is either a dun mottled or platinum mottled. 4 more eggs to go. The chicks parents are out of eggs I purchased last year from Aubrey's dun mottled project pen. I will be taking pictures tomorrow. They are so adorable!!
love.gif

What a great beard she has!! Your birds are beautiful!!

Karen's birds do have great beards; all of Aubrey's line has those awesome beards, which are adorable when they're cold and hunch their little heads back into their necks and all you see are huge poufs with a beak, LOL. I think the ones Karen got from me mostly came from Aimee since she was the one who is my best layer (and best broody in there). Her Rusty2 is definitely Aimee's son, one of her few male kids.

Congrats on your hatch!!

Last edited:
Hey fellow d'Anver lovers! I love browsing all of these pictures of beautiful d'Anvers.

Now I have question for everybody: are there any artists out there? We are currently trying to design an official logo for the Belgian Bearded d'Anver club of America (club just changed hands) and we left it open to all artistic d'Anver lovers (you do not have to be a member to submit and you still qualify for the $25 prize if your logo wins) to design logos to be put out in the March 15th newsletter for voting on by the club. There should be a drawing of a d'Anver or d'Anver pair and the words: "Belgian Bearded d'Anver Club of America" somewhere on the logo. You can submit these to the d'Anver club e-mail at: danverclub at gmail.com
Deadline is very soon, March 1st, 2015

Looks like hatching has started for some of you and chick season is right around the corner for most of us - exciting! Happy hatching (firing up my own bators as I type) and I hope to hear from a few of you.

Back
Top Bottom