d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Karen's birds do have great beards; all of Aubrey's line has those awesome beards, which are adorable when they're cold and hunch their little heads back into their necks and all you see are huge poufs with a beak, LOL. I think the ones Karen got from me mostly came from Aimee since she was the one who is my best layer (and best broody in there). Her Rusty2 is definitely Aimee's son, one of her few male kids.

Congrats on your hatch!!

My MF girl from Aubrey doesn't have that big of a beard, but she is adorable. I can't wait to hatch babies from her.

I am getting some broody girls now. One of my black mottled girls tried it out for a few days then got tired of it and quit. Now her blue sister is trying it out. Silly birds!
lol.png

My MF pullet ~

When is the Dalton show, Karen?

Chickee, all mine have great beards, but probably not genetically the exact ones yours came from, so I should amend my statement. I'm sure that four years ago, the birds mine came out of were not exactly the same ones, maybe even different pens. I don't really think like a breeder so I forget how many pens Aubrey has of the same color variety and that he surely got them from different bloodlines himself.

It's like my BBS Ameraucana hens. Gypsy is part Cree Farms lines and she has a decent beard. My two from straight Cree? They are/were the Queens of the Muffs! Those two were very well-endowed in the beard/muff dept. I don't think I've ever seen any bearded birds with better face fluff, though my D'Anvers have nice ones.

Lost this hen last year at 6 years of age. Sure miss Nora and that face.

When is the Dalton show, Karen?

Chickee, all mine have great beards, but probably not genetically the exact ones yours came from, so I should amend my statement. I'm sure that four years ago, the birds mine came out of were not exactly the same ones, maybe even different pens. I don't really think like a breeder so I forget how many pens Aubrey has of the same color variety and that he surely got them from different bloodlines himself.

It's like my BBS Ameraucana hens. Gypsy is part Cree Farms lines and she has a decent beard. My two from straight Cree? They are/were the Queens of the Muffs! Those two were very well-endowed in the beard/muff dept. I don't think I've ever seen any bearded birds with better face fluff, though my D'Anvers have nice ones.

Lost this hen last year at 6 years of age. Sure miss Nora and that face.

Wow! She was gorgeous! I was lucky to find a pure line of Cree BW Ameraucanas to add to my Ameraucana flock. They are in rough shape from random breedings, but bred to my beautiful, big bearded BW rooster I am getting some nice chicks. I am especially fond of the bearded breeds, so I have the d'Anvers, Ameraucana, bearded Silkies and bearded Polish.

My big bearded boy who passes it on to all his offspring.

Wow! She was gorgeous! I was lucky to find a pure line of Cree BW Ameraucanas to add to my Ameraucana flock. They are in rough shape from random breedings, but bred to my beautiful, big bearded BW rooster I am getting some nice chicks. I am especially fond of the bearded breeds, so I have the d'Anvers, Ameraucana, bearded Silkies and bearded Polish.

My big bearded boy who passes it on to all his offspring.

Oh, my, I love that guy! What a neat beard! When my EE hen, June, was young, her beard was black and she looked like a mountain goat, LOL. It thinned out with age and lightened up a lot. She's 7 years old now.

Last edited:
Oh, my, I love that guy! What a neat beard! When my EE hen, June, was young, her beard was black and she looked like a mountain goat, LOL. It thinned out with age and lightened up a lot. She's 7 years old now.

Thanks
big_smile.png
He produces some very nice offspring. 7 Years old! You must take real good care of your birds!

My son was visiting from Korea and took these photos, which I snatched off FB.

A chorus line of D'Anvers, Left to Right: Carly, Aimee, Penny

Aimee!

Aimee, again.

Spike, my little love.

Maura and Lucy.
What great pictures! I really want some more of the MF! They look so pretty in a group!

Thanks
big_smile.png
He produces some very nice offspring. 7 Years old! You must take real good care of your birds!

What great pictures! I really want some more of the MF! They look so pretty in a group!
We do try our best to do everything right. This winter has made things difficult for both of us. The birds have been in a wet, chilly environment for weeks and weeks. And now, we have had two rounds of snow that total about 8". No one has been out in days.

Back
Top Bottom