d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Pics
Ok here it is not the greatest picture of them, but its something.

63871_chickens_026.jpg

Quote:
Yep, I think I listed that one in one of the earlier pages. That site was some of the inspiration I had for starting color projects for colors we dont have here yet, like their laced and lemon millies. They have some awsome birds over there. The d'anver in Germany is like Old English are here, everyone has them in every possible color.
Kinda makes jealous

Last edited:
Quote:
yep, she's definately a looker,very nice hen, especially the beard quality on her. I see hers are like mine, toe nail wise, I have to trim them about twice a year.

Think everyone is having mite or lice issues this winter, seen tons of threads on here about it.

Just did the winter dusting on all my birds a week or so ago, most were clean, but did see a few of the little pain in the rears on a few. I do it two times a year and it keeps them pretty well beat down. If you ever let them get a good strong hold going, it's hard to get rid of all of them.

Hey, speaking of old english, do you have any odd ball colors? Shoot me a PM of what all you may have available. Looking for pyles, goldneck, laced, birchen, and really any of the unusual colors, dont know what you actually have though.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep, lots of nice pictures, Aubrey posted that website somewhere at the beggining of this thread or somewhere, I bookmarked it when he posted it, here is an understandable page, http://www.antwerpener-bartzwerge.de/ click Standard Colors and Nun Standard Colors at the top left. I'm sure all of these and then some are on Aubreys "to do" list.

ETA lol Aubrey posted the same thing as I was typing.

ETA AGAIN My link isnt going to the same page I have book marked, do you remember how to get it to find the colors in English on that page Aubrey ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom