d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Pics
The buffs were a gift as they were super old when the original guy sent them too me. Don Hartman also has them, but his have since duded out too. Problem with them is no one has them, so it's hard to keep a good revived stock on them.
That's why I'm going to start working on them again.

my silver quail came from a jerk, whom I just as soon not advertise for. He started out very nice, then turned nut job on me.
I'll tell you, it'll be hard to not find some that arent related to mine though, most folks with them, got them from me over the past couple years.
I'll PM you with the breeders name.

Here's a photo of the Best of Variety quail at the Friendship Poultry show this past Saturday. Best of breed was a lovely self blue pullet. I wish I'd gotten more photos of the d'Anvers at that show - there were quail, blue quail, black, self blue, and mille fleur.
Mary

IMG_0192.jpg

Quote:
I got the PM, thanks. What I need are a few of your silvers to cross w/mine and then the cuckoo/barreds to work in another project I've got going on. So just when you have the time, PM me with what you have (mixed dozen, 1/2dz or whatever) and we'll go from there.

I know all to well about the "jerk" thing, been there. Some people just amaze me
hmm.png

Quote:
I got the PM, thanks. What I need are a few of your silvers to cross w/mine and then the cuckoo/barreds to work in another project I've got going on. So just when you have the time, PM me with what you have (mixed dozen, 1/2dz or whatever) and we'll go from there.

I know all to well about the "jerk" thing, been there. Some people just amaze me
hmm.png

you just looking for normal cuckoos?
I have them now in black, blue, lavender ,and dun

Once they all get going. I'll send you the full list of what I know I will have. Should be 25 or so colors

I wish I could get some normal cuckoos..... but I would REALLY want to breed them, and I can't get roosters
hmm.png
Well, I technically can, however my mom won't let me
sad.png

Quote:

hmm.png

Once they all get going. I'll send you the full list of what I know I will have. Should be 25 or so colors

I would love a mixed batch of all of them Aubrey. Shoot me a PM when time allows you to do so. I have some lemon eggs I might want to send for payment/trade/partial, ect?? Thanks hun, take care.

Misty

Quote:

I would love a mixed batch of all of them Aubrey. Shoot me a PM when time allows you to do so. I have some lemon eggs I might want to send for payment/trade/partial, ect?? Thanks hun, take care.

Misty

will send you one now

Kristen here checking in for the year. Looks like the egg swapping has already begun! Most of my gals aren't laying, the only exception being a pen of Quails....
sad.png
but I don't have lights on em either - just sharing some photos of my favorite little gals from 2010...
This is Gemini - she is a super friendly Blue Silver Quail pullet! I love her:
choookypooks%20036.JPG

Regular Silver Quail pullets
chickenpics%20107.JPG

chickenpics%20076.JPG

And finally a weird pullet I hatched out of my Cuckoos this year. She is genetically a Barred Quail or Cuckoo Quail, but around the house I just call her color Agouti cause it rolls off the tongue better. For those that are unfamiliar with the term "Agouti" it comes from a standard rodent color pattern and refers to an alternating light and dark banding on a single hair. I thought it was appropriate. Anyway, the barring isn't very clear on her, but I think she is adorable nonetheless. Seems like I saw a picture of another Agouti, but in this case a cockerel, on this thread earlier and the person who posted it was asking if it was a Crele. The main factor that leads me to believe it is an Agouti (barred Quail) is the red chest. Most of my Barred Quail males I had hatched in the past were identical to him. Cool stuff!
chickenpics%20011.JPG

hey Kristen,

I have always loved your blue silvers. Plan on doing a few of them nyself this year. Should have the lavender version finished up here this year, excited to see what they turn out like. I've got 1-2 of those barred quail too. They were a side effect of my dun cuckoo project as all my duns were dun quail , so I just bred a cuckoo to them and got some of both, they are funky lookin aint they
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom