d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Thank you all!

Cyn- Yours are gorgeous!

For now, just one color here. Notice the for now.
lol.png

Hello Aubrey, Cynthia and all <3 Been a while since I've been online...Hope all is well with everyone
smile.png

Aubrey I posted some d'uccle roo pics on the list, but thought I'd post here as well...WHAT color do you call these 2 boys? Please pay no mind to their feet, they are heavy feathered but been ranging all summer (we all know how that goes). Thanks in advance...I appreciate it. And the RED boy has blue tail/hacks, and washed out blue tips...not a stitch of black. My pics are just not so profess..
hmm.png
Take care all, have a super day!

Both together...
39809_000_9201.jpg

Red n blu boy...
39809_000_9203.jpg

??? Whatever Boy...
39809_000_9198.jpg

Quote:
you have been hide for a while

the blue red one is just a blue millie. Looks like a heavy white patterned one just like you some times get in a normal millie, then the black is replaced by blue and the blue gene washes out the red to orange.

Joe blo #2 ??? Lord you got me there. Think he may be a blue /splash millie. Definately has the millie pattern, and the looks of blue and pale blue splashing, but is just too over all dark for me to feel that's all that's going on there. Never quite seen one that color. Definate blue and millie in there though. Any idea what he came out of?

Quote:
you have been hide for a while

the blue red one is just a blue millie. Looks like a heavy white patterned one just like you some times get in a normal millie, then the black is replaced by blue and the blue gene washes out the red to orange.

Joe blo #2 ??? Lord you got me there. Think he may be a blue /splash millie. Definately has the millie pattern, and the looks of blue and pale blue splashing, but is just too over all dark for me to feel that's all that's going on there. Never quite seen one that color. Definate blue and millie in there though. Any idea what he came out of?

Yes, it's been a long and slow summer rebuilding after the F5 tornado, then 2wks later an F2 came through
smile.png
So I've been busy w/hubby rebuilding our home and coopes.
As I suspected on the red boy, thanks for confirming He is out of a mf dad split to lav. The "Funky Chicken" boy is also from a split lav breeding, but carries porc behind him as well. His mom is a pure blue with darker tints of blue, similar to a splash.
If you dont mind me asking, what's your overall opinion of them outside comb and color issues...they are 9mos old now?? Thanks again for your help Aubrey...I really do appreciate your friendship and information/help. Take care
smile.png

ETA: Will take new pics in the sunshine for you, Aubrey...Maybe then you can help decide what the color is called, lol
big_smile.png
Have you ever had or seen a bird of this coloration? Just curious.

Misty

Last edited:
I have on the blue millie, never on the second one.
I had actually wondered about lavender being in there due to the breast color on the second one, but if both parents didnt carry it, it still shouldnt be expressed. I had also wondered if it had a blue or blue mottled parent.
It looks to me like a mix of blue millie and blue mottled. Being mainly a blue based mottled bird with some color leakage from the millie side coming threw.

After a better look at both of them, I actually wonder if the are not both splash versions? The tail is what is making me think that way. They look like brothers where that is concerned.
Having both blue and off white tail feathers. At first I chaulked it up to the millie patterning, but thinking they may well be splash. Would all depend if both parent's had blue in them or not though?

The lavender shouldnt effect the color unless both parents had it in them. But sorta look porcelain breasted on the second one. First one definately doesnt have any effect of it.

The look great to me for a d'uccle though. Yes comb needs a little tweaking, but that's no big deal,

Hate to hear of all the storms up your way, that's aweful!

Quote:
Their heritage is: MF, Lav, Pure Blue, blue Mott., AND Splash...Remember, these birds are from a 3yr *project*...I do have another roo and 5 hens this same color growing out. They are currently 5wks old...Interesting you mention that (splash) because when I tell people I have *Splash D'uccles*, they laugh me into tears! I'm not speaking of the "Vanilla/Butterscotch/or any type of red/brown based bird" so shown on all the sites,,...I mean a true Splash as in Silkies and other breeds.
smile.png
So you are correct with the tail ordeal, and they are 1/2 bro's...just so you know
wink.png
Here are pics in sun w/no flash...really not any better IMHO (washed it out ), but maybe for you it will show something we've...I have missed?

39809_000_9207.jpg
39809_000_9208.jpg

he sure is pretty.

all would depend on which parents had which of those traits to be sure.
But I'm thinking it's safe to say we're pretty much close.

The first is blue or splash millie, splash if both parents had blue

The second boy I'm pretty sure is a blue mottled bird bred to a millie and is showing what would be a diluted red leakage from the millie.
Same with him on the splash thing, kinda looks it, but would depend if both parents at least had a copy of blue

It's great that you have a group of them like him. I'd try to back breed them and see if they stay true to the color.

Wonder why folks laugh at you for splash? Blues are some what normal in d'uccle not common by no means, but they are out there. A splash would just be blue to blue...25% should be splash
Then those bred together would breed true to splash. Pretty easy, but you have to set out to do it also, a lot of people just dont take the time to do it. All yours are looking great.

How did your silver millies ever turn out

Quote:
Haha, I'll send you pics of my 'splash' hens...I've had people tell me they are: *Paint, Pinto and even White 'Showing Leakage'...
lau.gif
Simply put, they are SPLASH
wink.png

Silvers and Lemons are slow. Had to start over since so many birds were lost in May's 2 storms...Not to mention the YOTE attack!! Grrrrr...but we cought and disposed of several since then
thumbsup.gif

Yes, that is my plan, I intend to breed the blue "what-ever" group back and see what I get. I've had several very NICE blues born lately and am waiting for more to arrive (tick-tock) . 5 Lemons and 7 Silvers left out of roughly 25 birds in 'rare/unique' colors were lost. How are your programs coming along!!! Hope you are doing well...Best wishes my friend.

whew I hate to hear that...doing pretty good on mine. I did have a major set back too storm related this summer, lost a ton of project birds in a grow out pen in one of those 10inch per night rain storms. about the same time frame too

Back
Top Bottom