d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Aubrey... <--- Scratching head... I looked that "Blu MF" boy over real good in the sunshine a bit ago, and I 'now' do not believe that is what he is. His 'spangles' are blue w/white tips, and some are so NOT noticable, it looks like a faint 'hint' of lavender. Spangles on his chest, whing tips as well as tail feathers. They (tail/hacks) show obvious sings of a washed out' blue dilution, even a type of lavender...what ever you want to call it. I took pics of him in sunshine as well, but the lighting is so bright, you cant even tell the color...looks like cream or white
sad.png
I'm not sure HOW to get the proper lighting to show the real color effects on this bird, but I will continue to TRY
wink.png

The other boy (blu speckled) reminds me a lot of a BLR bird due to color patern only, not the lacing he's showing currently. Anyway, thought I'd respond. Have a safe and wonderful evening!!

Misty

They are kind of an off white, some colors lay darker ones than other, most are sort of a tan cream tinted white . None come out white white though.

Who knows on that boy Misty, if it's lavender, which it could well be, it'd have to be a double dose of it for it to be showing though, a split lavender shouldnt have any signs of dilution from it. Might has to send him off for a DNA test HAHA

Was just Googling around on the web and noticed my name popped up under Feathersite. They now have a bunch of my pictures up for the d'anver and phoenix. Thought that was pretty cool. They had asked about using them a year or so ago but never saw any being used. Guess they finally revised the site

Quote:
Hi Cynthia! Nice to see/hear from you as well
smile.png
Yes, still cleaning up after the storms, but at least we were all safe,...that's what matters most. Birds can always be replaced
wink.png

How are your Danver and d'uccle kido's doing?? Hope your well and staying warm.

I'm not sure either Aubrey, guess I'll just do some test breedings and see what I get. I lost a lot of parent birds, and then of course several birds were culled for certian things I didnt like or want in my program. We'll see what these chicks grow out to look like and I'll post more pics. BTW, pretty kewl about Feathersites and your birds
thumbsup.gif

Take care, hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Misty

Hi guys, haven't been on in a few, looks like you all are still figuring those genes out. Too confusing for me!! But an update on my little BB peeps: looks like 5 roos and 3 little pullets. Does that mean I'm gonna be over run with toe rags!!!!
They are really changing colors and feathering out fast, can't believe the difference in these and the others. But they are all still gorgeous!
Have a great day all!!

Posting as a newbie to d'Anvers. Received a lovely Black roo from Bob Bridges from Georgia and have now made contact with Aubrey for eggs. Couldn't residst picking several feather varieties...thanks to all the photos on this thread!
Here is a picture of LilGuy....my first bantam ever!
23941_lil_guy_4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom