d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

My Silver and Porcelain been laying the past 2 month and I been hatching them in my bator. Do not know why I got mostly Cuckoo with only one Lavender so far. I have Black Mottled, Silver and Lavender Cuckoo as Roos running together with the hens. Now I know who've been very active.....
smile.png

Last edited:
yep Do,
if you're getting all cuckoos, that lavender cuckoo boys the daddy to all of them, and with the lavender cuckoo chick, the porcelain is it's mom.
all the chicks off a cuckoo male will be cuckoo the first time

Hey Aubrey, here are pics of those 2 boys I promised you, when they were younger. The red boy shows a lot of his 'blue' or lavender?? color here, and the calico boy shows his younger pic too. You can see they have nice feet as well...(for project birds) Sorry it took me so long to dig these up
hide.gif

Misty

Red boy...
39809_000_8359.jpg

Calico boy...
39809_000_8915.jpg

hey Misty,

yep they do have some excellent foot feathering. It's definately blue though in their color, not lavender. On lavender birds you cant have red, if it's present they'd look like porcelains in the red areas.

Thinking the first is just a blue mille with a good bit of extra white in the patterning is all now after seeing a younger pic, same deal, if it were splash, they'd be more washed out.

That other one just has to be a blue mottled x mille. came out out mostly blue mottled with red leakage from the columbian in the mille

Quote:
I had suspected blue, but sometimes it's so light, I question myself about possible lavender...Which both boys have in their heritage. I have pure lav's, but sometimes these colors can be 'sneaky' on me...especially on project birds
big_smile.png
I appreciate all the awesome info and kind comments. Believe I will try both boys on solid blue girls and solid black ladies too?? (Suggestions)...I'm interested to see how the 'calico' boys color will produce. Have you ran across this in any of your previous d'uccle breedings or current danvers?? He's so odd, but has great beard/muffs and excellent feet...would be a shame (impo) to not use him??

Quote:
I am glad to hear that, I wanted to ask you about them several times, but I didn't know if is ok with you to ask. Thank you for letting me know.

here's what they grew up to be, very nice if you ask me

well this one is

IMG_0702.jpg

This is the other one....attacking the camera hahahahaha

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

Quote:
I had suspected blue, but sometimes it's so light, I question myself about possible lavender...Which both boys have in their heritage. I have pure lav's, but sometimes these colors can be 'sneaky' on me...especially on project birds
big_smile.png
I appreciate all the awesome info and kind comments. Believe I will try both boys on solid blue girls and solid black ladies too?? (Suggestions)...I'm interested to see how the 'calico' boys color will produce. Have you ran across this in any of your previous d'uccle breedings or current danvers?? He's so odd, but has great beard/muffs and excellent feet...would be a shame (impo) to not use him??

nope not yet.

Yes the recessive colors can sneak up on you if the right combos hit. But on the lavender, both parents have to have it for the offspring to show it. And I wasnt thinking earlier about it, but you'll never have red on a lavender based bird, it will always get bleached out...so we can rule that out for sure.

If you continue over solid colored girls, it's going to remove the mottling from their chicks. It takes both parents on that too for the mottling to show. But it may help show the base color.
If you have girls like that "calico" one...I'd breed to them and see if it will breed true, or if you end up getting some blue mottled and some blue mille

Back
Top Bottom