d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Aimee laid her 3rd egg today. Still nothing from Penny or Carly, but Carly is training me to take her off the outside bar and carry her inside nightly. She simply refuses to go inside with everyone else, so I slide the pop door closed from the inside storage area, go back out, around the pen, into the pen, pluck her gently off the bar and cuddle her while she chatters away in her teeny tiny voice, walk around back inside and deposit her inside the coop. She now realizes that she must simply wait, no matter how much I coax, shake the scratch can, call her name, tap on the window, etc. Eventually, Mom will come carry Her Royal Highness into the coop like Cleopatra on her barge. She's hardly bigger than a wild bird, but apparently has a larger brain than some of her coop-mates.

Oh, Rusty has decided he will be my friend...IF I have a handful of cornbread crumbs to offer him. He very carefully picks every one off my fingers, nary a nip or threatening gesture from him.
roll.png

Last edited:
Aubrey, I'm still trying to decide about getting a few porcelains or just being patient and hatching the splits, then eventually, porcelains from those. As long as they are taking to lay, it could be another year before I have any porcelain hens. I'll be starting the incubation around Feb 12-15, not sure of the exact day.

That's great to hear Do, wish you the best with them... they should make you some real nice birds too.

Cynthia,
No problem either way. You have the tools to make more for sure, but yep would be another year on them.
Mine stopped about two weeks ago on the porcelain, but they should get going again soon, just say the word.

Back
Top Bottom