d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Came home today from work and saw the new puppy running loose in the backyard. Lost 2 silver quail (1roo & 1 pullet) and a blue silver quail pullet, all 3 were from eggs that I got from Kristen. I was so mad but just looking at his face, I just couldn't gt mad at him. Thought that I lost the F1 columbian pullet too but found her in the neighbor yard, 3 house down the street.
Aubrey! What will I get if I put the f1 columbian roo or silver quail roo together with the blue silver quail pullet? This will be my project for the spring. Hope to get eggs from you soon too.
smile.png

Ay yai...sorry to hear that Do. Glad your Columbians are safe though.

Cyn - I really like Lucy.

I moved a bunch of chickens and took some pictures.

Silver quail pullets. My rooster will be delivered next week. Some of these will be used in other projects so I will thin them out a bit.

Blue silver quail pen

The millie pen

Some of the spare cockerels I have the silver stuff, bb's and some odd ones in another pen.

Blue quail pullets. Aubrey I have been thinking again, should I use a darkish quail rooster with a lot of black lacing in the saddle on these pullets?

Crele pen.

Columbian pen.

I have more to set up but I have got to do some building.

jj

Look at ol Kristen sneeking a post in, good to hear from you.

Yes JJ

That's what I'd do on the B Quail, darker based nicly marked male. Should help darken the blues up somewhat. I've got to do the same next year on mine. My blue quail are patterened good but they are getting way too plae for my liking.

by the way, you making me sick on the crele, man he's turned out nice. Those hens you have with him are nice and dark too, they should make some awesome frekin birds next year for you for sure....

JJ, bet your wife would have liked this hen. One of my favorite crosses has always been the Barred EEs I would make when I had a BR rooster. The prettiest one I think ever was my Riley, who we lost this year to reproductive issues; sired by a BR rooster over blue Ameraucana hen. She was an excellent layer of extra large bluish-green eggs. The black Ameraucana hen in the second picture next to her is her half sister (same mother of course).

Last edited:
Aubrey, when I was out in Lucusville, I bought a quail male from Greg Romer that is dark and laced really good just for the blue quail. When I take them out of quarentine I will get some good pictures and see what you think. Until then I will post this.

Oh , and thanks for making them.

Here is what is left of my D'anvers. We had a predator attack a couple moths ago =(. I'm hoping the girls start lay soon! What can I make with them? and if anyone has eggs PM me.

BBR and Buff Colombian ???? roos

Millie and Buff Colombian Hen

Porcelain Roo

Last edited:
Oh Backwoods Bantams I e-mailed Aubrey - Boggy Bottom Bantams - today looking for trios of d'anvers... your pictures of your birds just about made me faint!!! I told him I've been tearing my hair out looking for d'anvers, I'm in NE PA and I come onto the forum and see your birds..they are magnificent! I may wait until spring to order a batch of chicks from someone. In the meantime I will enjoy this thread
th.gif
And THANK YOU Boggy Bottom for answering me

Back
Top Bottom