deaths door peacock

I can take pics of the necropsy if you would like, the hardest part will be finding the parts, he's just a skeleton. But ill have my husband do the examining, we just found out I'm expecting and we're just concerned with anything I might could get sick with the male having been in such bad shape. But I'd like to know what ultimately caused his death, if it were human neglect or worms.

Pictures would be very educational. I got to go get hay now, but will be back to post more comments on your situation.

-Kathy

Sad to say, but he just passed, ironically just moments after I came back home from the store and mins later it starts pouring down rain. Just another hard lesson learned the hard way, but until I realize it I'll keep making the wrong choice to trust someone's word. These were supposed to be two very healthy birds who had just been checked and given clean bills of health by a vet. I ultimately paid $200 for a hen, who's also under par. Thanks everyone for your help though.
If it was me i will call the pervious owners again, they know their bird wasn't healthy when they sell it, so it was their mistake not yours, if they don't have replacement then they should give you your money back.

I contacted them yesterday and they stuck to there story of he was thin, they just didn't know he was that thin until they went to bring them to me. I tried to get the vets name they used, but they didn't have it right off hand. I tried to contact them right after I wrote on here he had passed and they won't answer or reply back.

I contacted them yesterday and they stuck to there story of he was thin, they just didn't know he was that thin until they went to bring them to me. I tried to get the vets name they used, but they didn't have it right off hand. I tried to contact them right after I wrote on here he had passed and they won't answer or reply back.
So they know he was so thin when they caught him and they know he wasn't in a good health, so its their mistake.

A vet checked him? Hmmmmmm.

his poop is starting to take solidish form, but green in color. Could he have been starved or will worms alone deteriorate a peacock that bad? I haven't gotten my hands on the female yet, she's eating good, but definitely not a handled bird.

Is it possible he might have Cocci? Was he a free range bird?

Very possible, which is why one should do a necropsy.

-Kathy

So they know he was so thin when they caught him and they know he wasn't in a good health, so its their mistake.

A vet checked him? Hmmmmmm.

Quite right! Any two year old male should weigh no less than 4 kg, so this boy had lost almost 50% of his weight, and possibly more. Sadly, once they lose this much weight it's very rare that they recover.

Shame on them.

-Kathy

Quite right! Any two year old male should weigh no less than 4 kg, so this boy had lost almost 50% of his weight, and possibly more. Sadly, once they lose this much weight it's very rare that they recover.

Shame on them.

-Kathy

Thats what my husband mentioned to me, that I should still try, but not to get to attached until he would at least support his own weight.

Back
Top Bottom