December hatch-along

Good luck everyone! My eggs went into lockdown tonight! We have quite a mix of shipped eggs in there but I'm hoping some of the silkies made it! Not all of them are marked but I know we have SLW, GLW, leghorn, seramas, other bantams and barnyard mixes. I'm so excited to see what we have! Friday can't come soon enough.

Good luck everyone! My eggs went into lockdown tonight! We have quite a mix of shipped eggs in there but I'm hoping some of the silkies made it! Not all of them are marked but I know we have SLW, GLW, leghorn, seramas, other bantams and barnyard mixes. I'm so excited to see what we have! Friday can't come soon enough.

Wow, that's quite the mix! How fun! Good luck to you.
jumpy.gif

Well, another day has gone, but not according to plan, and my broody's eggs have not been candled again. Instead, after a little grocery shopping, and a quick stop to make sure my sister's kids were home and safe since we didn't make it home in time, we pulled into her driveway to a massive chicken massacre! We were able to locate 8 already dead, one more we had to cull, and several missing. Out of her 19 birds, 7 emerged from hiding, and 3 are still unaccounted for. Oh, it was horrible! :-( So nothing got done today as we spent the rest of the day searching for chickens and then dealing with the dead ones. It just broke my heart!

Well, another day has gone, but not according to plan, and my broody's eggs have not been candled again. Instead, after a little grocery shopping, and a quick stop to make sure my sister's kids were home and safe since we didn't make it home in time, we pulled into her driveway to a massive chicken massacre! We were able to locate 8 already dead, one more we had to cull, and several missing. Out of her 19 birds, 7 emerged from hiding, and 3 are still unaccounted for. Oh, it was horrible! :-( So nothing got done today as we spent the rest of the day searching for chickens and then dealing with the dead ones. It just broke my heart!

Oh no! That's terrible news. Do you know what killed them? Hopefully you'll find the other ones.

Oh no! That's terrible news. Do you know what killed them? Hopefully you'll find the other ones.

Yes, it was two dogs running around free. A neighbor pulled in next door to tend her horses and caught them in the act. So far, we have no idea whose dogs they were. The neighbor tried to follow them in her truck but lost track of them. :-(

I'm just sick for you! Sorry for your loss
1f61e.png

Back
Top Bottom