D'uccle Thread

it's interesting how some get frostbite... I think if you have blocked drafts and have adequate ventilation so condensation doesn't build up to drip onto combs and a drinking system to prevent wattles from hanging in the water to freeze up after having a simple drink, they should be fine. last year, my Chicken Dome had a gap along the back wall of about 1/4" but ran the length of the 14' arch... in the early part of the Winter, snow would filter through and land on the roosting birds - it worried me enough to move the roosts out a few inches, but once the heavy snow came and stuck, that gap was filled in - so I worried again about melting in the Spring, and dripping icy cold water. I managed to avoid any frostbite, but have reworked the cold weather wrapping to eliminate that gap. there is still plenty of ventilation without it.

K Epp (new page, can't see your post to know if I'm spelling your user name correctly...) those babies of yours are stunning! I have no D'Uccle pullets/hens. but they are at the top of my Spring "will have" list! D'Uccle and Cochin are my fave's. best tempered and such incredibly beautiful birds...

what do you guys think?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but does anyone have white d'uccle hatching eggs. I am looking to purchase 6 if available.

Back
Top Bottom