D'uccle Thread

Do you show your birds? I think it depends on when the show is. For instance, if the show was at the end of summer, I would trim in the winter then the birds would molt in the summer, get new foot feathers, and they (the feathers) would be long and ready for the show.
Not sure if I'm correct, I'm sure there are much more knowledgeable people who can give you a better answer.
thumbsup.gif
yer i show them =)

Put them on soft sand and deep pine bedding cleaned often. The problem is when the coarse sand gets really wet, even wet grass can do it.

thank you,do you happen to know which one i go to cause thats alot..thats hard to look through dose anyone know which one i use or look at..

Last edited:
thank you,do you happen to know which one i go to cause thats alot..thats hard to look through dose anyone know which one i use or look at..
We're not exactly sure what your question is. We all started out by reading all the notes, links and pages for these threads. There's not really a shortened version of what you want to know...well, there is, but without researching, you wouldn't understand the answer. Take the time to look over the multitude of info here, then ask the question again when you can narrow down what you really want to know.

We're not exactly sure what your question is. We all started out by reading all the notes, links and pages for these threads. There's not really a shortened version of what you want to know...well, there is, but without researching, you wouldn't understand the answer. Take the time to look over the multitude of info here, then ask the question again when you can narrow down what you really want to know.
goodpost.gif

Ok, I have a question. I have chicks that I'm going to have to sell soon. Its almost impossible to sell chicks where I live, so I would like to ship them. I've never shipped before so I don't have the slightest idea on how to do it. Could anyone tell me whats involved and if you would be interested in buying? I'll post pictures of them as soon as possible.

Here's what may be for sale, they are hatchery quality but none have DQs (from what I can see) except the Mottled Pekin, he has Vulture hocks.
* 1 Mille fleur D'uccle, cockerel, 1 1/2 months old ~Purchased from Belt Hatchery~.
* 1 Mille fleur D'uccle, pullet, 1 1/2 months old ~Purchased from Belt Hatchery~.
* 1 White Sultan bantam, cockerel/pullet?, 2 1/2 months old ~Purchased from Ideal Poultry~.
* 1 Porcelain D'uccle, cockerel, 2 1/2 months old ~Purchased from Ideal Poultry~.
* 1 Black mottled Pekin, cockerel, 2 1/2 months ~Purchased from Ideal Poultry~.
* 1 Porcelain Booted Bantam, cockerel, 2 1/2 months ~Purchased from Ideal Poultry~.
There are plenty of people wanting D'uccles. However, even shipping Express Mail may not protect your young birds from freezing temps around the country. For now, take pretty pictures of your adult D'uccles and post them on Craig's list where people are more local. Even though people may not know what a D'uccle is, one picture of an adult bird will really sell itself and your chicks.
Perhaps others may know of a way to ship birds in freezing temps. but I wouldn't risk my stock.

Back
Top Bottom