D'uccle Thread

Hello Everyone.
I have some bad news, Hope died during the night.
hit.gif
She had been getting weak for a day or two, so guess eye sight is crucial to a new born baby chick to survive. I'll miss her.
sad.png

RIP. Hope.
hit.gif

Sorry to hear.

I wanted to ask about incubators--favorites, etc. I have seen the name Brinsea pop up on this thread a lot--which models are best and where did you get yours? I have used "the styrofoam one" for the past 2 years, but I never had more than 40-50% hatch rate, especially the last 2 days or dying after pips. I had all the gadgets--turner, fan, humidity monitor, but to no greater success. When we moved this spring, the incubator lost a fight in a dumbwaiter accident (anyone hear a loud crunch?) So I have to start over. :-( I LOVE saving $$$ so if anyone has insights where I could get the most for less OR if you have one for sale, please PM me. Thanks. I'm tempted to try and find someone in Eastern NC that has a cabinet incubator that would hatch eggs for me.......

Originally Posted by SilkiesForEver

Hello Everyone.
hit.gif
She had been getting weak for a day or two, so guess eye sight is crucial to a new born baby chick to survive. I'll miss her.
sad.png

RIP. Hope.
hit.gif

Im so sorry for ur lost i get attach to them to,Its hard not to when you keep them inside with you..

@SilkiesForever I am so sorry for your loss. She was a very cute chick. You did your best, and I am sure that tiny spirit will return to you in the future because of that.
hugs.gif

Hello Everyone.
hit.gif
sad.png

RIP. Hope.
hit.gif

Sorry that happen
hugs.gif
, What do you think happened? I thought it was doing good. Did the other chicks hurt it?

Hello Everyone.
hit.gif
sad.png

RIP. Hope.
hit.gif

Sorry about Hope.
hugs.gif

Sorry to hear.
I wanted to ask about incubators--favorites, etc. I have seen the name Brinsea pop up on this thread a lot--which models are best and where did you get yours? I have used "the styrofoam one" for the past 2 years, but I never had more than 40-50% hatch rate, especially the last 2 days or dying after pips. I had all the gadgets--turner, fan, humidity monitor, but to no greater success. When we moved this spring, the incubator lost a fight in a dumbwaiter accident (anyone hear a loud crunch?) So I have to start over. :-( I LOVE saving $$$ so if anyone has insights where I could get the most for less OR if you have one for sale, please PM me. Thanks. I'm tempted to try and find someone in Eastern NC that has a cabinet incubator that would hatch eggs for me.......
My favorite incubator is a broody hen, lol. I use a lg, and actually like it quite a bit. It works wonderfully for me with my waterfowl. I would like to get a brinsea for my chicken eggs though. If you can find a sportman cabinet incubator or something around you on CL go for that, most people with them seem to love them.

Hey what do you guys think of my Mottled and MIlle roos....

And my prcelain hen:

This was a pretty funny one...trying to get down some fresh parsley but unsuccessful

h
Wow!
ep.gif
They are all pretty but that Mille cockerel is especially stunning! I agree he has a tad to much black, but if you breed him to the right girl they can make some darn near perfect babies! If you're willing to part with him I'd buy him in a heartbeat,
wink.png
I've been looking for a male with a little too much black for my girls. If you have hatching eggs available from him, I would definitely be interested as well
smile.png

Oh, and having a small comb isn't bad. The SOP calls for them to have small single combs, so really the smaller the better
thumbsup.gif

Sorry to hear.
I have the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO, I just got it a few months ago and have had great hatch rates in it from 75%-100%! Definitely worth every penny
thumbsup.gif

41MNt-AJd5L._SL400_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom