Duckling Grow-A-Long!

Pics
My new ducklings should ship any day now!
On the packing slip I got after they reached out for the loss I had, it said they'd ship and hatch on the 4th, which was yesterday but I didn't get any email saying they shipped. I guess they'll be shipping today then?
I hope they send them soon. You were getting welsh harlequins, right?
I have been trying to find that breed in my area or someone that ships eggs with no luck. Seems that this breed is not very common in Spain.

I hope they send them soon. You were getting welsh harlequins, right?
I have been trying to find that breed in my area or someone that ships eggs with no luck. Seems that this breed is not very common in Spain.
Yes, two female Welsh Harlequins.
I hope you can find some Welshies around you! They sound like a great breed to have.

It's so good that you can choose the sex of the ducklings. I have to wait and see, but I hope that at least 2-3 from my 6 ducklings are females. In any case, I will have to rehome extra drakes before they start fighting :idunno

It's so good that you can choose the sex of the ducklings. I have to wait and see, but I hope that at least 2-3 from my 6 ducklings are females. In any case, I will have to rehome extra drakes before they start fighting :idunno
Welsh Harlequins are self-sexing at hatch. If you do find some, hopefully someone doesn't send you all the males...

Yup. If I'm not mistaken, the majority of females will have a dark bill at hatch. This changes after a few days, so it needs to be done as soon as possible.
I'll need to look back at my pictures and see then, cause I don't remember what their bills were.
When I was reading on that I saw that it was the males with a darker bill and the females had lighter bills though, I think. :confused:

I'll need to look back at my pictures and see then, cause I don't remember what their bills were.
When I was reading on that I saw that it was the males with a darker bill and the females had lighter bills though, I think. :confused:
Thus the reason I said "If I'm not mistaken", lol!

It could easily be the other way around, but I was sore and sleepy and lazy. :)

I thought it was this way to.

A reason i wanted Welshies

Back
Top Bottom