Duckling Grow-A-Long!

Pics
How much size difference would there need to be?
I can't remember the website (bookmark is on my dead computer) but there's a weight and size difference fairly early on. As they grow, you'll also start seeing sex-specific characteristics. Most of my females just *look* like girls. The have a slimmer and more refined look to them, their faces are very feminine, imo. Even before carruncles.

I can't remember the website (bookmark is on my dead computer) but there's a weight and size difference fairly early on. As they grow, you'll also start seeing sex-specific characteristics. Most of my females just *look* like girls. The have a slimmer and more refined look to them, their faces are very feminine, imo. Even before carruncles.
Oooh, okay! That could apply to all breeds of ducks, right?

When can my 5 week olds go outside? Its still been a bit chilly at night (40s and 50s) here, so I've been keeping them inside at night.
Although, right now its in the mid 50s and they're outside doing completely fine. 🤣

When can my 5 week olds go outside? Its still been a bit chilly at night (40s and 50s) here, so I've been keeping them inside at night.
Although, right now its in the mid 50s and they're outside doing completely fine. 🤣
Like, permanently? I would wait for all their feathers to be grown in, especially if it's still freezing at night.

A few days ago the non-muscovies' voices changed: less of a peep, and more of a cross between a squeaky toy and... an angry squirrel? Lol.

First time raising poultry so I'm enjoying watching them grow! All the little things.
My little ones sound mostly like that!

Are these feather quills?? Only on a handful of muscovies so far (edit: all the muscovies have them, all about the same except the biggest whose quills are further along), and only on their tails. They're only just over two weeks old.

Oh and here they are enjoying some mosquitofish netted from the pond. I'm hoping they forage off them when they're adults.

Attachments

• 20240328_163742.jpg
    20240328_163742.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom