Ducks of Our Lives... (Soap Opera)

That was Turbo and Que Sera is standing behind him. When he was hatched I believe his mother stepped on his head and injured him. He had balance issues and could stand for only a few seconds. We tried our best to nurse him back to health but he passed away sadly. Que Sera hatched in my hand, she was a late hatcher and I put her in with Turbo to keep him company. They were the best of friends and after Turbo died she joined the rest of the flock and she is still with us.

Let us know when you post the video I would love to see it.

That was Turbo and Que Sera is standing behind him. When he was hatched I believe his mother stepped on his head and injured him. He had balance issues and could stand for only a few seconds. We tried our best to nurse him back to health but he passed away sadly. Que Sera hatched in my hand, she was a late hatcher and I put her in with Turbo to keep him company. They were the best of friends and after Turbo died she joined the rest of the flock and she is still with us.

I am sorry.
hugs.gif
Turbo may have just been a crested like Tevye, unfortunately balance issues and other brain related problems are common with crested and even if he had no crested in his lineage, it is a very rare natural mutation. The videos have processed, and are at
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1073315/voice-sexing-your-mallard-derivative-duck
I would guess @Julie Bird would want to be notified too... Oh look, she has been
big_smile.png

I am sorry. :hugs   Turbo may have just been a crested like Tevye, unfortunately balance issues and other brain related problems are common with crested and even if he had no crested in his lineage, it is a very rare natural mutation.  The videos have processed, and are at
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1073315/voice-sexing-your-mallard-derivative-duck
I would guess @Julie Bird
would want to be notified too... Oh look, she has been :D
Eeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee yes. I would. I have not seen this thread yet. I am so happy. Thank you, Tony. And I remember loving your book and the emotions it stirred in me.

As you all may not yet know, I really love ducks. Here's proof. This is my desk at work now live PST.

The 2 girls are Kensington, Pekin and Montgomery, WH. The pics are older but are now on my puter today. Now, I need to educate you all as to Mont's head. The WH. Look at how she's got it puffed out. Is that cute? See? I hone in on stuff like that when it comes to BIRD.

I still miss Turbo. That was the first time I ever cried over the loss of a pet that I never met & that belonged to someone else. Patty, bless your heart. You & your dh did so much to try to help the little guy. You also did such a good job sharing the experience with us that it felt like I was right there with you.

Of course I should shamelessly plug my baby book as a very big drama:

When I say plug, I am not actually selling it, I had 2 hard copies made: one for us and one for my mom. But if you click on the picture, you get the whole PDF file for free
big_smile.png
Thank you very much It is a big book so I put it on my desk top to read and admire your pictures. You are truly hooked
on ducks. I would be too. and probably will be in a very short time. No reason to explain our fondness for ducks. Only another
duck owner would understand. Love your (Our Flock ) book. Thank you very much.

I still miss Turbo. That was the first time I ever cried over the loss of a pet that I never met & that belonged to someone else. Patty, bless your heart. You & your dh did so much to try to help the little guy. You also did such a good job sharing the experience with us that it felt like I was right there with you.
DEBS, me too. I still miss Turbo as well. Anytime @pattyhen mentions him I always think about that sweet photo of him and Que Sera in his therapy run. She is lovingly nestled next to him.

Well thanks guys
hit.gif
from @pattyhen 's write up, I thought Turbo was injured at birth and lasted a day maybe two. But after @Debs Flock 's and @Julie Bird 's responses, I had to dig back and find the thread with Turbo. Wow! He was such a trooper. Pattyhen, you and your DH did so much for him. It may be posthumously, but Turbo has another fan. I think a link to that thread would be a welcome addition to this thread. Now I have to look at the rest of my subscriptions with blurry vision...
hit.gif

Thanks everyone I still can't go back and read his story yet. Maybe one day I will be able too.

Loved the video about the voice differences. You can sure tell the boys from the girls by the sounds of the quacks.

Back
Top Bottom