Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
My OH's cousin told me that I need to make a large gate in each one of our pens to take the riding mower in to mow the grass this spring...

I was truly speechless...
th.gif

Most of us LOVE having a little extra greenery in our runs. I personally spread oats to keep the run from getting muddy. I've never seen anyone who needed to mow their runs though. Only if you have a HUGE run and only a couple of chickens would that even come to play.

I was out with the chickens yesterday and the neighbor's kids were looking at me from their tree house. all of a sudden one burst out "Why are you keeping that chicken in I pen with your DOVES! apparently they thought that all chickens are either ginger or white and all chickens had single combs, so by that standard only Gloria my Red sex link is a chicken. the sad part is that their father loves chickens, and loves that we have them, so I have no idea where they got that idea from.
hu.gif

I was out with the chickens yesterday and the neighbor's kids were looking at me from their tree house. all of a sudden one burst out "Why are you keeping that chicken in I pen with your DOVES! apparently they thought that all chickens are either ginger or white and all chickens had single combs, so by that standard only Gloria my Red sex link is a chicken. the sad part is that their father loves chickens, and loves that we have them, so I have no idea where they got that idea from.
hu.gif
At least you got a chance to educate the kids about them.

Back
Top Bottom