Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
My final count was 16 broodies last year. More adult silkies this year. So far 9 birds have been broody this year.

Well...you raise silkies so what'd you expect?
gig.gif

You say that until you have 7 broody hens at one time....one of those irritating silkies was supposed to be going to the show before she plucked her belly.

Well I don't break them, but I also don't give them eggs. One lucky hen will get the replacement layer chicks next Friday and whomever is still broody in three weeks gets ameraucana chicks.

Hahahahaha! Surprise, Mama!

The silkies avoid all nest boxes I try and get them to use. They get moved off to a different house where they can just sit in quiet.

How many hens? Uhh. 28 large fowl. One of the EEs is broody.

Silkies I may actually have to go count. I think there are 10 who are old enough to be broody. 3 currently are and another has a chick. I think there are 10 young pullets that are 27 weeks old. Those still have a few months before I have to worry about them maturing.

Quote:
reminds me of a line in a song called "new age girl". kids don't google it, let your parents google it and them decide if it is okay to see/hear. If this post i is not in compliance with BYC rules please delete it. I don't want to cause trouble.

Friend's new wife, very suthin' (Alabama), said, "Oh, I could nevah eat your green eggs!"

ME: Why not?

HER: I only like white eggs. I ate a brown egg once and I didn't like it. It was too strong. So, I just *know* I could nevah eat a green one.

Good. I don't like her anyway.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom