Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
I love it when people see my blue eggs for the first time. They get so excited! Usually they'll ask if they taste the same. So far no one has turned their nose up at them.

I like it best when I catch them young. I give the little kids the bantam eggs and tell them they were laid just for them, in kids' size. And, they love the colored ones! Kids are far more open minded than adults.

Back then, if I remember correctly, a lot of "studies" were manipulated and skewed to benefit those paying the bill rather than proving a point through solid research. Sounds like the results were just what the commercial egg producers needed to convince us little people that we don't need to bother with our own chickens.

That still seems to be the case. Just look at all the studies on pharmaceuticals that are conducted by Big Pharma.

Fox in the Hen House Syndrome.

Big Pharma... now there's a hornet's nest just eager to be stirred...

Instead, I think I'll just mention that somehow yesterday I ended up bringing home 4 Australorp chicks that I wasn't planning to when I went out. But it was easy to justify. We just expanded the chicken run from 12x12 to 12x24. It seemed to be the next logical step, at least that's what I keep telling the hubby...

jumpy.gif

Back then, if I remember correctly, a lot of "studies" were manipulated and skewed to benefit those paying the bill rather than proving a point through solid research. Sounds like the results were just what the commercial egg producers needed to convince us little people that we don't need to bother with our own chickens.

I don't know that anything has changed really. I see current studies done by this or that university ag department and you can pretty well tell that their studies are being funded by Monsanto, Merck, etc. Especially if these studies are done in the good ol' US of A.

Instead, I think I'll just mention that somehow yesterday I ended up bringing home 4 Australorp chicks that I wasn't planning to when I went out. But it was easy to justify. We just expanded the chicken run from 12x12 to 12x24. It seemed to be the next logical step, at least that's what I keep telling the hubby...

jumpy.gif
That right there is the reason I don't go into TSC during this time of year.

Last edited:

:jumpy  

More chickens is something that never has to be justified at BYC. The more the merrier!

Reading these comments, I feel pretty fortunate that my co-workers - all city folk - have all been accepting of what I tell them about chickens. They've made several erroneous comments (like the need rooster/eggs one), but don't have any problem believing me when I correct them.

Reading these comments, I feel pretty fortunate that my co-workers - all city folk - have all been accepting of what I tell them about chickens. They've made several erroneous comments (like the need rooster/eggs one), but don't have any problem believing me when I correct them.

Well I think some on this thread are utilizing their Poetic License

wink.png

Back
Top Bottom