Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Wow :( people are idiots. Okay I know lots of people think scratch or screenings are a good cheap feed but I just don't think there's any good way for a bird to live for an extended period of time on it.

I am legally blind my computer screen and setting are all
large scale now I can barely make this out

Short story - girl posts in a facebook group about her birds dying off, roughly one a month, and she wants to know what she needs to do.

Further in the comments, she advises she free ranges, but also feeds them horse feed.

HORSE. FEED.

Sorry, I'm still a little stunned.

The kicker for me in that conversation was how the others glossed over the part where she is feeding horse feed as a main diet to her chickens, and are advising she start antibiotics right away( because the chickens are diseased, not malnourished, right?)

Idk there is a wide range of horse feed from hay to oats...who flipping knows. What gets me is the fact that it's not like you can't pick up chicken feed at the same place as horse feed and I'd bet they are about the same cost.

what they hay HORSE FEED?

no it is more that HORSE does not spell chciken

Idk there is a wide range of horse feed from hay to oats...who flipping knows. What gets me is the fact that it's not like you can't pick up chicken feed at the same place as horse feed and I'd bet they are about the same cost.

True, I do tend to sweep up some of the spilled outs that the horses don't eat and us it as treats for them.

True, I do tend to sweep up some of the spilled outs that the horses don't eat and us it as treats for them.

But not as a only diet

Back
Top Bottom