Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

any of you take a look at the local feed store most high end kibble now is NO Grain
dogs are not omnivores they want grain just not overproduced at 750 degrees..
I think maybe our new young 4-h kids are making some darn good decisions

Lol she's my little black OEGB and such a Sweetie her name is Minnie and her and her mate Mickey and my self blue hen Crocket have made me fall for the OEGB. DH2B calls them worthless chickens but they are so cute I think they make up for it. Besides that when we lost our other roosters silkie and lf slw to predators this summer he stepped up until another lf roo English Orpington matured and took over and saved the girls several times by alerting to predators I call that worth something. I still listen for Mickey's call though.

That is so sweet!! I do not have any that love me quite that much.:( They just follow me around

@chickendreams24
  Mine follow me but not into kissing them either
although I do with the dogs, cats my bf

Well I will point out that I only kiss them depending on if their beak is dirty or what they've been up to IE not gunna kiss a bird that was just in the compost pile lol. But yes I'll miss them on the beak or the top of the head. I also have an EE that follows me around most of the time talking to me. Her name is Pebbles and she's also one of my sweetest and favorite birds.

We've been very blessed with our flock but we also pick and choose who to keep based on temperament and personality as well as looks laying ability and in some cases breed or meat production.

Because of all the little kids around my house (cousins and little neighbors), I hand tame all my chickens (to an extent). At fair, (just remembered this gem) someone came up while I was grooming my 11 pound BA roo, Ivan. They asked why I was holding "her" and If they could pet "her". I told them why I was checking his feathers(To check for fraying on the cage bars) and that they could pet him. They were cooing over "such a nice little hen" when I did explicitly explain it was a rooster. Jaw dropped, and they stopped petting Ivan as though suddenly he was a grubby little monster. "Don't you know roosters will attack you?! They'll try and kill little kids! It needs to be locked up!" I tried explaining that some roosters are ill-behaved but some are sweet as can be. They stormed off angry. Ivan then spent the next 20 minutes cuddled up with a little old lady with a breathing tube, and they both loved every minute.
Thought I would add that I will pick up my chickens in the coop in the evening and pet them, especially my 11 week chick!

Well I will point out that I only kiss them depending on if their beak is dirty or what they've been up to IE not gunna kiss a bird that was just in the compost pile lol. But yes I'll miss them on the beak or the top of the head. I also have an EE that follows me around most of the time talking to me. Her name is Pebbles and she's also one of my sweetest and favorite birds. Haha. I don't usually kiss beaks, I am always afraid my curios little hens would try to peck my lips, I usually bury my face in their neck and kiss them. Yeah, that does sound weird. And I love the smell of their feathers.

We've been very blessed with our flock but we also pick and choose who to keep based on temperament and personality as well as looks laying ability and in some cases breed or meat production.

Because of all the little kids around my house (cousins and little neighbors), I hand tame all my chickens (to an extent). At fair, (just remembered this gem) someone came up while I was grooming my 11 pound BA roo, Ivan. They asked why I was holding "her" and If they could pet "her". I told them why I was checking his feathers(To check for fraying on the cage bars) and that they could pet him. They were cooing over "such a nice little hen" when I did explicitly explain it was a rooster. Jaw dropped, and they stopped petting Ivan as though suddenly he was a grubby little monster. "Don't you know roosters will attack you?! They'll try and kill little kids! It needs to be locked up!" I tried explaining that some roosters are ill-behaved but some are sweet as can be. They stormed off angry. Ivan then spent the next 20 minutes cuddled up with a little old lady with a breathing tube, and they both loved every minute.
Thought I would add that I will pick up my chickens in the coop in the evening and pet them, especially my 11 week chick!
Gosh, it makes me so mad to see stories like that. It is like sitting down to a meal somebody prepared for you, loving it, asking what is in it and ''Oh it has kale? I don''t eat kale.'' People make me so mad sometimes.:rant

I babied my Roos when they were little then as soon as they moved outside they were ignored and swatted if they came too close. End result. Very sweet Roos who respect my space and my daughters and calm down fast when picked up. After their teen phase I plan on starting to pick up more often and pet/groom them so they are a little easier to catch if needed. It's pretty funny how much people see in black and white.

Last edited:
any of you take a look at the local feed store most high end kibble now is NO Grain
dogs are not omnivores they want grain just not overproduced at 750 degrees..
I think maybe our new young 4-h kids are making some darn good decisions

You can certainly have a grain free omnivore diet (which is what I tend to eat myself). I can't really say my dogs would go nuts for a bag of oats, and I'm grateful to be able to find corn free foods since one my dogs has an allergy to it. Usually the grain free dog foods have peas, carrots, potatoes, etc so they do address the fact that dogs are omnivores they just try to eliminate the fillers and most common allergens present in other dog foods. My dogs are pretty good about getting a daily salad when we go for a walk lol.

Sorry maybe some of the diets here are not there as they excluding a grain even
Potatoes...; I had a small dog food company several years ago using potatoes, squash
even cabbage.. papaya for digestion and goats milk yogurts
giving the best possible I was able for all

Back
Top Bottom