Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

The only dog food I know that doesn't have potatoes is Zignature and Nutrisca but I'm sure there are others. Zignature uses peas. They also have no chicken, grain, or like any other major allergen. I was feeding it for a while and they have 7 flavors so nice variety but it's a little bit expensive so we're trying so we're trying small bags of some other foods atm. But that's one of our favorites. But if he likes NutriSource (one of the ones we are trying) we might switch to that since they it's made by the same people. They make the food for Zignature and Nutrisca respective companies and NutriSource is one of their own brands but yeah. It's cheaper so yeah. We used to switch between a lot of other brands but we liked Zignature the best and most of the other brands have also shrunken bag size and increased price. We might buy Horizon Pulsar again and try this other one I found on Chewy.com with huge bags and cheap prices aha i cant for the life of me remember the name of it now though but yeah. Point being we're trying to integrate some of the cheaper grain free brands and even good quality non grain free ones because he has no allergies, i just wanted him on a better food. Although they're finding how bad grains are or can be for people maybe I'll at least keep him on grain free or with sweet potatoes but ya

Yuck! Just like balut duck gross!

Oh man my sister in law is Philippino. I about threw up in my mouth when I heard what it was. So flipping gross. And what in the heck is the point. I just don't get it. Just eat the egg before it's a duckling. I mean who eats baby animals. I just don't get the point when they could raise them for just a few more months and have a bird big enough to feed a family.

Yup! Icky icky icky!!! Frankly I feel the same way about veal that it ought to be raised to a larger size. But definitely I could never eat a balut duck. Ugh.

The issue with veal is not that it's baby. (that's what the chicken is that you buy at the store- baby CXR that are still peeping, haven't even found their big girl voices yet) It's the condition under which it's raised. Lack of light, kept in a tiny little pen so it can't move around, I think fed on milk, till it's so weak that it can barely stand before going to slaughter.

The issue with veal is not that it's baby.  (that's what the chicken is that you buy at the store- baby CXR that are still peeping, haven't even found their big girl voices yet)  It's the condition under which it's raised.  Lack of light, kept in a tiny little pen so it can't move around, I think fed on milk, till it's so weak that it can barely stand before going to slaughter.

That's awful :(

I forgot veal was cow for a second, thought it was deer till i remembered that's venison lol

But lamb especially makes me sad, they're so cute. :(

Also why is veal so popular? I forgot that it was a thing honestly. But what is so different about veal than regular beef, you know, from an adult cow? Lamb I get that people don't really eat adult sheep. Do they?

Also one time my uncle's neighbor raised a pig and brought it over for Christmas when it was ready and supposedly it was the best ham they'd ever had. Well, when they first got it they showed pics of it and bad named him Kevin Bacon. He was the cutest little black and white fella. Well, I couldn't eat him because I thought of him as Kevin Bacon the cute baby and not ham. After dinner (they kinda have a casual/buffet thing, lots of different food and i think other meat, so it wasn't rude or anything I didn't eat him) i snuck back out there and took off a teeny little piece to try and i spat it back out. Sounds stupid but ya.

But my point of bringing that up was that that incident with the pig and the issues above with baby animals are the only times that I can understand why people are vegetarians or vegans. That I feel like I feel how they feel when people eat any meat. It's just for me it's limited to baby animals or ones I see pics of. And I don't think I would be able to raise my own meat as much I kinda wanna try someday. It sounds stupid because the animals they sell at the grocery store have HORRIBLE lives and I should have feeling about that but it's just picking up some chicken breast or whatever, it's meat not an animal, and idk, there's something to be said for that distance and animosity. Now don't get me wrong, I don't ACTUALLY think it's "not an animal" or "just meat" or support factory farms in any way, I know that the one thing we can all agree on is most live horrendous lives. But it's just when I see a cute little animal, named or not, I can't eat it. That said, I may have to look into buying meat locally or find a more humanely raised section in the store (is that a gimmick or is it real?) Or something. It's definitely more expensive but maybe that way I could help out the animals, not support horrible factory farm conditions, but still have the distance and the animosity, not to raise it myself.

A cooked rat might be palatable in the dark drunk but it doesn't mean it's not gross. And I have not and will not eat veil because of how its raised. A baby milk bull makes sense to eat though as it can feed a family and has much less value when raised to a large size than its female counterpart.

It drives me crazy, the whole vegan/vegetarian thing because if we were not meant to eat meat, then why on earth do people in the bible eat it so much?? If all my meat came from the grocery store, I would be vegan because of the life those poor things had, but I raise my own meat in the best possible living conditions I can and do not feel too bad eating it after it had such a great life.

Back
Top Bottom