Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

This latest one doesn't have anything to do with chickens, but I'm posting it anyway. I live on a private culdesac with 'Private Road' & 'No Trespassing' signs posted at the entrance. Across my driveway is a big, fenced off field that's covered in 5-6ft weeds (mostly stinging nettles.) The field also is posted private & no trespassing. We live in suburbia & for some reason people feel these posted signs do not apply to them. You cant imagine how often I'm standing in my yard telling total strangers that they can not park their car, walk their dogs, ride their skateboards, eat their lunch, play ball with their kids, pick fruit off my neighbors trees, smoke pot, take a pee, or a plethora of other things they do out there. After all these years, I'm still shocked by how mad people get at me for making them leave. Most will call me names & go, but some want to argue with me, or explain that they're "only walking the dog" or whatever they're doing. I have to repeat that they are in my driveway & ask if they want me parking my car, walking my dog, playing with my kids or riding my skateboard in their driveway...
he.gif

Ok, so a couple days ago I see a woman with 4 or 5 little kids out there. She was bending the slightly broken chain link fence all the way down to the ground so the little kids could climb out of the field. I walked out to confront her but the kids were running down my driveway yelling at the top of their lungs & she was chasing after them. I looked up & noticed she had left 3 teenage girls sitting in a path they had trudged thru the weeds. All three of these girls were in strapless, mini sundresses & high heeled sandals. They were just sitting there laughing & taking pictures of themselves (like, this is what we looked like before we got stung head to toe in nettles.) So, I walked out there & said, "What do you guys think you're doing?" With their very entitled tones & their snotty So.Cal teenage girl voices they all started spouting off to me at the same time. (*note; I'm allowed to say this without prejudice, as I too was once a snotty, So. Cal teenage girl.) So anyway, they were spouting off that they were not doing anything wrong & they were only taking graduation pictures of themselves, etc... I told them that they were not at the park, that they were trespassing on private property & they had to leave. I finished off by pointing out what they had done to the fence. All 3 of them erupted in chorus of how they didn't do it & how rude I was to accuse them. At this point, the most intelligent girl in the group took the conversation into her own hands & said in her mock valley girl accent, "How would YOU like it if WE accused YOU of breaking the fence?!" ...Huh??? I admit, I was completely blown away & a little confused by this idiotic statement. This was our brief conversation;
Me: "What??? Do you even hear yourself?"
Her: "Do YOU even hear YOUR self?"
Me: "Are you kidding me?"
Her: "Are YOU kidding ME?'
At that point I realized just what level of idiot I was dealing with & ended the conversation with a bellowing, "OK. YOU ARE TRESPASSING GET THE (expletive) OUT OF HERE NOW!!!" which probably reverberated thru the entire culdesac. They were all grumbling again at the same time about how rude I was (How rude! How rude! SO RUDE!...) but they climbed out of the bushes in their mini sundresses & strappy high heeled sandals & stomped away down my driveway. I told them how lucky they were that they didn't meet any of the many snakes & scorpions that live in there. Apparently needing the last word, the mouthiest one enunciated, "Fine. Have. A. Nice. Day."

Sigh! I guess I get to spend the weekend fixing the fence.
th.gif

This latest one doesn't have anything to do with chickens, but I'm posting it anyway. I live on a private culdesac with 'Private Road' & 'No Trespassing' signs posted at the entrance. Across my driveway is a big, fenced off field that's covered in 5-6ft weeds (mostly stinging nettles.) The field also is posted private & no trespassing. We live in suburbia & for some reason people feel these posted signs do not apply to them. You cant imagine how often I'm standing in my yard telling total strangers that they can not park their car, walk their dogs, ride their skateboards, eat their lunch, play ball with their kids, pick fruit off my neighbors trees, smoke pot, take a pee, or a plethora of other things they do out there. After all these years, I'm still shocked by how mad people get at me for making them leave. Most will call me names & go, but some want to argue with me, or explain that they're "only walking the dog" or whatever they're doing. I have to repeat that they are in my driveway & ask if they want me parking my car, walking my dog, playing with my kids or riding my skateboard in their driveway...
:he

Ok, so a couple days ago I see a woman with 4 or 5 little kids out there. She was bending the slightly broken chain link fence all the way down to the ground so the little kids could climb out of the field. I walked out to confront her but the kids were running down my driveway yelling at the top of their lungs & she was chasing after them. I looked up & noticed she had left 3 teenage girls sitting in a path they had trudged thru the weeds. All three of these girls were in strapless, mini sundresses & high heeled sandals. They were just sitting there laughing & taking pictures of themselves (like, this is what we looked like before we got stung head to toe in nettles.) So, I walked out there & said, "What do you guys think you're doing?" With their very entitled tones & their snotty So.Cal teenage girl voices they all started spouting off to me at the same time. (*note; I'm allowed to say this without prejudice, as I too was once a snotty, So. Cal teenage girl.) So anyway, they were spouting off that they were not doing anything wrong & they were only taking graduation pictures of themselves, etc... I told them that they were not at the park, that they were trespassing on private property & they had to leave. I finished off by pointing out what they had done to the fence. All 3 of them erupted in chorus of how they didn't do it & how rude I was to accuse them. At this point, the most intelligent girl in the group took the conversation into her own hands & said in her mock valley girl accent, "How would YOU like it if WE accused YOU of breaking the fence?!"  ...Huh??? I admit, I was completely blown away & a little confused by this idiotic statement. This was our brief conversation;
Me: "What??? Do you even hear yourself?"
Her: "Do YOU even hear YOUR self?"
Me: "Are you kidding me?"
Her: "Are YOU kidding ME?'
At that point I realized just what level of idiot I was dealing with & ended the conversation with a bellowing, "OK. YOU ARE TRESPASSING GET THE (expletive) OUT OF HERE NOW!!!" which probably reverberated thru the entire culdesac. They were all grumbling again at the same time about how rude I was (How rude! How rude! SO RUDE!...) but they climbed out of the bushes in their mini sundresses & strappy high heeled sandals & stomped away down my driveway. I told them how lucky they were that they didn't meet any of the many snakes & scorpions that live in there. Apparently needing the last word, the mouthiest one enunciated, "Fine. Have. A. Nice. Day."

Sigh! I guess I get to spend the weekend fixing the fence.
:th

Fireworks work great in that situation I had the same problem years ago people driving through my yard to get to the dirt road behind me or just walking through but a loud bang! With me yelling loudly usually made them run off well I was tending my bees one day this car decides to drive through so I yelled out at them they stoped jumped out saw me jumped back in and in reverse and hauled buggy think my bee suit scared them worse than anything else lol

Last edited:
Fireworks work great in that situation I had the same problem years ago people driving through my yard to get to the dirt road behind me or just walking through but a loud bang! With me yelling loudly usually made them run off well I was tending my bees one day this car decides to drive through so I yelled out at them they stoped jumped out saw me jumped back in and in reverse and hauled buggy think my bee suit scared them worse than anything else lol

Hahaha! I definitely need a bee suit!!!
lau.gif

Reminds me of my young Belgian horse I had. He was 1600 lbs at 18 months. He had no sense of where his body was and significantly underestimated the distance it would take for him to stop. He was in a field by himself having recently recovered from surgery. In the field were pecan trees. Someone stopped and asked if they could pick a few pecans but was told no by the property owner. They came back later and tried to sneak into the field carrying a bucket. Well Beau took one look at a person across the field with a bucket and thought dinner was being served early. He came galloping up and underestimated his stopping distance thus knocking the poor fool to the ground then stood over him snorting. My barn manager laughed for days at the thought of him scrambling out from under 1600 lbs of baby horse and beelining for the fence with a very puzzled horse looking on....

I live on an acre of property, with a u-shaped drive way, the house positioned towards the back of the property with most of the acre as our front yard and driveway. I also live on one of the busiest roads in town. You would not believe how many random people would drive down the driveway and around to the other side, just to turn around. I had people stop, get out of their cars, and look around like they wanted to hang out and have a picnic. ON MY PRIVATE PROPERTY. RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. COMPLETE STRANGERS.
We put up gates two years ago. People still turn off the road and seem confused by the presence of the gates.

This is the main entrance. Doesn't it just scream "No body lives here, come and play."

Reminds me of my young Belgian horse I had. He was 1600 lbs at 18 months. He had no sense of where his body was and significantly underestimated the distance it would take for him to stop. He was in a field by himself having recently recovered from surgery. In the field were pecan trees. Someone stopped and asked if they could pick a few pecans but was told no by the property owner. They came back later and tried to sneak into the field carrying a bucket. Well Beau took one look at a person across the field with a bucket and thought dinner was being served early. He came galloping up and underestimated his stopping distance thus knocking the poor fool to the ground then stood over him snorting. My barn manager laughed for days at the thought of him scrambling out from under 1600 lbs of baby horse and beelining for the fence with a very puzzled horse looking on....

That's the kind of stuff I wish I could catch on video!
gig.gif

I live on an acre of property, with a u-shaped drive way, the house positioned towards the back of the property with most of the acre as our front yard and driveway. I also live on one of the busiest roads in town. You would not believe how many random people would drive down the driveway and around to the other side, just to turn around. I had people stop, get out of their cars, and look around like they wanted to hang out and have a picnic. ON MY PRIVATE PROPERTY. RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. COMPLETE STRANGERS.
We put up gates two years ago. People still turn off the road and seem confused by the presence of the gates.

This is the main entrance. Doesn't it just scream "No body lives here, come and play."

Ugh! I'd like to say unbelievable, but I believe every word of it. I've wanted to put up a fence for a long time, but getting 4 houses on a private road to agree on anything at the same time is impossible.

Back
Top Bottom