Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I've been awash in turkey eggs, so I've included some with my egg sales since I don't have room for more poults. You'd be surprised how many people ask if eggs from turkey are safe to eat. As though eggs could be poisonous from any bird.

I've been awash in turkey eggs, so I've included some with my egg sales since I don't have room for more poults. You'd be surprised how many people ask if eggs from turkey are safe to eat. As though eggs could be poisonous from any bird.

lol.png
People really are strange. My neighbour, from whom I rescued my broody hen, had a lot of chickens, before they all got taken out by predators etc... She refused to eat the eggs though because the chickens drank the 'dirty' water from the pond so she was worried the eggs would make them sick. Now they want to get geese for eggs because 'goose eggs are healthier' but the geese would be swimming in that water too
idunno.gif
Fortunately out landlord said no.

Only time I'm on the landlord's side in that situation.

Our landlord is actually pretty layed back, but they keep getting animals and then not taking care of them, so they run loose all over the place and eventually just die. So I'm really glad he finally just told them no. I asked if I could build a small coop about 6 months ago, and now it's turned into a coop, a tractor, a rabbit run/hutch, and two huge sections of yard fenced off for free ranging, and he just keeps saying yes as long as it looks neat
gig.gif

Just a brief interruption here...

I realize this thread has the tendency to get off topic, it has done so many times. But we do prefer if you all try and stay on topic?
smile.png
Plenty of places around BYC to chit chat. Lets keep talking about what dumb things others say about our chickens and their eggs please.
smile.png

Thank you for your cooperation and have a great day!

-BYC Staff

I was buying turtle & guinea pig food at PetSmart last week & the cashiers always ask what kind of animals we have. She was asking me about the chickens & how many eggs I get a day etc... When I told her we get 3 or 4 eggs a day counting the ducks egg she was blown away. Her eyes were bulging out & she said, "A DUCK EGG? CAN YOU EAT THAT???" I had already been talking to her way too long so I just said, of course, that they're just like a chicken egg, just a little bigger, a little richer & great for baking. She was so shocked & as I was walking out she was saying, "Wow! Who knew?!" I wished I would've had the foresight to say something really obnoxious like, "OH GOD NO! YOU CANT EAT THEM!!! YOU HAVE TO USE GLOVES JUST TO GET THEM OUT OF THE COOP!"
lau.gif
I wouldn't have actually done that, but I laughed all the way home just thinking about it.
gig.gif

​I was buying turtle & guinea pig food at PetSmart last week & the cashiers always ask what kind of animals we have. She was asking me about the chickens & how many eggs I get a day etc... When I told her we get 3 or 4 eggs a day counting the ducks egg she was blown away. Her eyes were bulging out & she said, "A DUCK EGG? CAN YOU EAT THAT???" I had already been talking to her way too long so I just said, of course, that they're just like a chicken egg, just a little bigger, a little richer & great for baking. She was so shocked & as I was walking out she was saying, "Wow! Who knew?!" I wished I would've had the foresight to say something really obnoxious like, "OH GOD NO! YOU CANT EAT THEM!!! YOU HAVE TO USE GLOVES JUST TO GET THEM OUT OF THE COOP!"  :lau    I wouldn't have actually done that, but I laughed all the way home just thinking about it. :gig  
:yuckyuck It amazes me how dumb people can be!

Friend came and saw our two day old chicks, "aw cute." etc.........
Came back last weekend (so three weeks) "wow, they got big!"
Uh................ yeah. That happens.

Back
Top Bottom