Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

So my dad was just telling me I needed to check my live trap, because he thought it was triggered.
I went outside in the rain and found my 4 year old EE hen inside the fox trap, looking very confused yet happy. Don't know how she escaped the run or how she just wandered into the trap and set it off. She's a crazy old bird...

Ugh my FIL just told me how he tried to introduce his new chicks into the flock and how the older hens were trying to kill them. One of his hens is broody and has a dozen 2 week old babies. He somehow though he could add a bunch of 4 week old chicks to 5 older hens and a broody and they would just "take them in and mother them" because he is tired of clening the brooder. Oy. I could seriously do a weekly post on here when he gives me his weekly "chick report". Calls me every week to tell me what went wrong when he yet again ignored the advice that he ASKED for. He then ask if he could get his hens to go broody and then give them the 4 week old chicks. Um, no.

My older brother used to claim that my silkie hen, Frodo, was imprinted on him and would let him hold her no matter what and wouldn't poop on him. I never had the heart to tell him that she couldn't see down (because of her fluff) and just waited it out. It made for some interesting pics, however! He did eventually get pooped on, just not in this picture.

Ugh my FIL just told me how he tried to introduce his new chicks into the flock and how the older hens were trying to kill them. One of his hens is broody and has a dozen 2 week old babies. He somehow though he could add a bunch of 4 week old chicks to 5 older hens and a broody and they would just "take them in and mother them" because he is tired of clening the brooder. Oy. I could seriously do a weekly post on here when he gives me his weekly "chick report". Calls me every week to tell me what went wrong when he yet again ignored the advice that he ASKED for. He then ask if he could get his hens to go broody and then give them the 4 week old chicks. Um, no.
What does he think they are??? Pet rocks?

That's most likely not a laughing matter, but a sign of a neurological issue, most likely caused by metabolic deficiency of Vitamin E.  Try giving her some Poultry Nutri-Drench and see if it fixes her issue.  I had a hen who would moon walk when ever she was physically stressed.  A bit of PND would fix her issue for a while.  I did not cull her b/c she was a beautiful hen, and a good layer.  
No, feathers were covering her eyes. Lol

My older brother used to claim that my silkie hen, Frodo, was imprinted on him and would let him hold her no matter what and wouldn't poop on him. I never had the heart to tell him that she couldn't see down (because of her fluff) and just waited it out. It made for some interesting pics, however! He did eventually get pooped on, just not in this picture.

LOL!!!

Not chicken but it's about ducks.

My mom thought it would be so cool to have ducks on the pond. So her and my dad went to Tsc and bought 7 ducklings and 6 chicks for me. She thought that they could go straight on the pond. And that they eat stuff out of the water so they didn't buy any feed. Luckily I had some feed that was safe for all of them. I have been taking care of them for 3 weeks. ME. 4 times a day I have to add water and feed them. And she's says she's tired of taking care of them
1f914.png
Down to 3. I sold 4 because it was just too much. I told Mom that their feathers was growing in and it won't be long until they can be moved outside. Guess what? She thinks they will be yellow ducks
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Now a chicken story. Well chicken egg story. So a couple months back I had the bright idea to hatch some eggs. I decided a diy incubator would be cheaper. So I rigged one together. I had been talking to a few friends at work ( I think I mentioned before that I work in a school) and her kids were with her. They have a bunch of chickens and when they go with their dad to Tsc they almost always come home with chicks. Anyway I told them about the incubator. THE NEXT DAY the daughters brought me a dozen colorful eggs while I was on duty. Tons of kids asked me why I was holding eggs, I explained quickly. Then they wanted to see the eggs! Dark brown, light brown, white and green eggs were in the carton. I was asked why I colored eggs, why did I have chocolate eggs, and why the carton said white and the eggs were not.
I'm sure all of you won't be surprised when I tell you that they didn't believe me when I told them that not all eggs are white.

The next day a little girl asked me if the eggs had hatched.
1f602.png
I explained that it took 3 weeks. Every day for a week she asked me.

I was sitting in the run with my birds and messaging one of my..city dwelling friends. I told him that one of my chickens was sitting on my head and that he was preening my hair. He then "informed" me that all chickens are female. I didn't know what to say; I thought he was just messing with me, but no. He was dead serious.

Back
Top Bottom