Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Amen, sistah, although I could only get one of your quotes to come up. Love you idea of giving her phone a swirly. That should make a statement she won't soon forget. :p

Add a little yellow food dye to the water. Just in case the mother makes you fish it out. Then you could also "accidentally" splash then
1f602.png
1f602.png
I better be careful, I'llcorrupt her.

I might have did that to my brothers toothbrush growing up. Before cell phones
1f602.png

Thanks
Not really sure what you're trying to say? That their comment was sarcasm?

If so, sorry if i overreacted but it's hard to tell sarcasm on the internet and it came across as serious

But i do agree most people these days are way too sensitive or soft or whatver you wanna call it.

I might be a little that way but believe it or not I like to think I do still have thinking skills/am able to turn it off to a point. I see so many kids younger than me just arguing over nothing or completely missing the point, they'll take everything extremely literally (and insist they're right), etc. It's stupid. Serious question: do they just not teach critical thinking skills anymore? Did they do away with that?

I am 23 btw so somewhat older too but ya

Kelsey, you may have hit the nail right on the head. No. They do NOT teach critical thinking skills anymore, and it's one of my biggest beefs with the public schools. Their whole goal is for the kids to memorize what's on the tests so that the school's/administration's/teachers' scores good. Scores. It's what education is all about. I feel like the Native American in the TV ad, on his horse with a single tear running down his cheek because of what we've done to his home. Sadly, I work in these schools. Fortunately, I don't teach.

Quote:
Yeah it's hard to tell on the internet. Not Sarcasm or a joke just not intended to be taken negatively. Simply an acknowledgement of differences and how you seem "soft-hearted." Not a bad thing, just a different thing. Additionally, I don't think critical thinking can be taught-that's the problem. You can teach a person to look for certain things, but that doesn't mean they'll understand or do it.
You might be right. To me it came across as very condescending, but whatever. Doesn't really matter anymore, and we're getting off topic. :)
First of all, "mean and rude" is just your personal opinion and not fact based. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Secondly, telling someone they're a "big softie" isn't an insult in most circles, but since you took it as one, you I must've hit a personal nerve. Third, she is a softie. Poor kid is always taking up for the bad guy in her post - but, at least she stood up to defend herself to me. Good girl! Unfortunately, there are way too many people out there who will want to take advantage of her for it, so warning her to be cautious is a kindness. Finally, your sweet comments to me were far meaner and ruder than anything I said but, then, I never pretended to be anything I'm not.
He was. You'd have to hear the entire miserable story to understand. But, let's not go there.
No, I didn't think it was like that at all. It's hard to interpret things online though, so I suppose that contributes. I'm sorry you took it wrong. It just seemed very unnecessary to say that especially since you didn't understand what she said, and it's yet another way to get off topic. Now let's get back on topic? :)
"Be nice - soft and caring always" ? I don't think all of the millennials got that message. And, how about calling people "mean and rude" ? Are those a bad words like "bully" or is it ok when it's used by the "tender hearted" ones because everyone knows they're soft and nice? Besides, who mentioned the word bully before you did? Seems to me the meaning of the term "big softie" has been changed along the way somewhere and a lot of us "senior citizens" didn't get the memo. That's not playing nice when you don't disclose all the rules. Or, were you millennials taught you could change the rules whenever you felt like it without putting folks on notice? Maybe by the same people who didn't learn to jump to conclusions without evidence of their claims, and run off at the mouth with their accusations. Since emotions are highly personal and specific to each individual, maybe people would be well advised to use logic instead, that can be backed up by reason instead of feelings. Time was when wearing your heart on your sleeve wasn't thought of as a positive character trait. Ahhhh .... I miss the old days. And, once again you assumed in error when you said I didn't understand what she said. I understood perfectly. And, just to clear up any confusion, I also understood what you said perfectly. As for getting back on topic, after you.
Sorry misinterpreting it and starting all this. And I don't think the meaning has changed, I think for me it was the way it was phrased like the "you're such a.." sounds harsher or something, idk how to explain. Like now "you're such a" is often used in insults like you're such a *****, such an idiot, etc. So i think that plus the lack of tone on the internet confused some. Sorry :/ Also sometimes people do use big softie as an insult but it's not common I don't think or those exact words. But people do use like gay as an insult/if someone's too emotional, or like emo, etc. So i guess they do use different words but it has become cool to make fun of people for being emotional. :/ But I now see you didn't for it to be that way and were in fact trying to be nice. I guess i also saw TKFG response at the same time and i guess interpretted it more negatively than i mighr have. Which btw, sorry everyone got so defensive/mean back I guess thanks for the compliment/warning

Add a little yellow food dye to the water. Just in case the mother makes you fish it out. Then you could also "accidentally" splash then
1f602.png
1f602.png
I better be careful, I'llcorrupt her.

I might have did that to my brothers toothbrush growing up. Before cell phones
1f602.png

I'll bet a little pressure, applied properly, could help you remember what you did to your brother's toothbrush! We'll wait while you go get him. :D

Despite being a millennial myself, I get so irked by other teens. They drive me nuts!!!! I prefer to talk to adults. They're much more knowledgeable, most of the time. I'd rather read a book than chat on Instagram.

Lol same, they're annoying tbh :gig

I have some younger friends, like one of my very best friends is only like 18 or 19 and we've been friends since ljke 2012 so looonggg time, but I've also always had friends in bands which were usually my age or older so yeah. A lot of the bands rn are like late 20s-ish. And now I'm goingto a community college so have made a lot of older friends there too and some younger and yeah. Lots of diversity hah I've just always had older friends. And especially internet ones. I don't really talk to very many people from HS. I unfriended a lot on FB and the ones I kept we don't talk much. Yet I have so many internet friends, mostly on Twitter and BYC but some I met there & added on FB, who are my absolute best friends and I would tell them more about my life than my "real" friends. The best friend I referenced above I have never met but we are best friends

Kelsey, you may have hit the nail right on the head. No. They do NOT teach critical thinking skills anymore, and it's one of my biggest beefs with the public schools. Their whole goal is for the kids to memorize what's on the tests so that the school's/administration's/teachers' scores good. Scores. It's what education is all about. I feel like the Native American in the TV ad, on his horse with a single tear running down his cheek because of what we've done to his home. Sadly, I work in these schools. Fortunately, I don't teach.

Wow that is just sad :(

This thing I saw they said they'd never met anyone who had gone through as much as they had. Well, obviously they didn't LITERALLY mean there is no one in the 7 billion people who had gone through more. It was an expression to say the friend had gone through a lot. But ohhhh noooo. "They said it so that's what they meant" "apparently now when you say somethinf you dont mean it" etc. Like gee....

Now i guess that one was a little more complex and it was a politician ppl dont like i guess but still.

And people were defending these people as if they were right

Some of the things they teach today are plain moronic. Example: How do you make 10 from 8 + 5? Take the 2 from the 5 and add it to the 8, making 10. Then add the three. What?!?!

Back
Top Bottom