Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Oh and also, wow only 5 chickens provide enough eggs for all the neighbors!? We have 8 and while we're overloaded with eggs right now, sometimes I feel like there aren't that many hah

But i fear were getting off topic

x2
pop.gif

My mom doesn't really like my eggs because they're too rich/strong/eggy? But she's been better about eating them now and does eat them, just not that regularly but neither do I hah. But she still buys store eggs.... and one time recently she ate them then said she was sick from them.. ya doubtful. :gig she used to refuse to eat them because she thought that she would get sick

I made a lemon raspberry buttercream cake Wednesday. My mom couldn't even eat half of a piece of the cake because the "idea that my chicken eggs" are in it makes her sick. She wanted me to buy "good white eggs" from the store.
1f621.png

I don't get it. What's wrong with the eggs? Nothing!

I made a lemon raspberry buttercream cake Wednesday. My mom couldn't even eat half of a piece of the cake because the "idea that my chicken eggs" are in it makes her sick. She wanted me to buy "good white eggs" from the store.
1f621.png

I don't get it. What's wrong with the eggs? Nothing!

Wow that's ridiculous! I would have gladly eaten the whole cake :lau

But the funny thing is my mom eats the food I make, like when I bake, but doesn't like them otherwise usually?

But she does have a huge sweet tooth :gig

But yeah, so annoying. You're far more likely to get sick from caged hens crammed 2-3 to a tiny 1 sq ft or less cage who poop all over everything and each other and often are living with dead hens, etc. Than happy healthy chickens who get to experience fresh air and the joys of being a chicken....

Oh and also, wow only 5 chickens provide enough eggs for all the neighbors!? We have 8 and while we're overloaded with eggs right now, sometimes I feel like there aren't that many hah

But i fear were getting off topic

Well, as you know, the egg supply waxes and wanes, and we're in a period of wane, right now as these 5 girls get older. Thus, the new flock. I'm currently getting about 2 eggs per day, but that's more than enough for just me, so I hand out the leftovers. I've never intended to keep the neighbors in eggs so they'd never have to buy any; I just wanted to buy their silence about the girls, which I have. ;) Everyone pretty much likes having them around, listening to their soft clucks, and they keep the bug population down. They'll till the soil, too. :D I'm not so sure they'd appreciate roosters, though, and neither would I, so I don't have any. Plus, I had a pretty little coop built so as not to mar the look of the neighborhood. It fits in nicely with my little cottage with it's white picket fence. Everyone has come by to see it. No McMansions here, just a nice, well kept, quiet little street.

Glad you looked up bucolic; how about pastoral, as in a pastoral setting or a pastoral painting. An enriched vocabulary is a wonderful thing. It helps us better express ideas and makes our words richer. With all the technology and "tech speak", I feel society is losing a lot of the richness of the language. Rather than dropping so much, why can't the new just be added on to the old? It needn't be a matter of one or the other.

Oh. BTW. You used a term in another post that I'm not familiar with. I think it's part of the new vocabulary. I'll have to edit to go find it. Be right back.

Found it: space shotty??

Last edited:
Yeah, they're a good bunch. We're all around the same age ... only 2 of us still work and we'll be retired in another year. No kids live here, all of ours are grown, 2 never had any. Some of us play cards together. Most of us garden and exchange plants and know-how. We go in together when work needs to be done, like paving the top of our driveways because visiting citiots don't know how to climb a gravel driveway without destroying it - we couldn't get anyone to do the work on just one driveway. But, most importantly, I share my eggs! Bribery works and It's hard to complain about the chickens that are providing your breakfast. Besides, most of them feel the chickens add a bucolic touch to our neighborhood. As I said, it's a dead end street with only 6 houses, each on an acre of land. We're all move-ins, no locals, so have to band together. Many grew up with chickens as kids, so like having them around without having to care for them. I'm the second house from the end, so there's no traffic, except for the next door neighbor who's at the very end.

It's the perfect place for me and my girls!

PS. I've got 8 babies in the garage that will be added to the 5 mature girls in a few weeks, so I'll have plenty more eggs very soon. Plus, I have to confess that my next door neighbor (puts out the corn for the deer) gets mad when the girls scratch up his pine straw when the cheap-o puts a handful around the base of a tree, but his wife loves the girls and is their babysitter when one is needed, so she handles him. "Have another dozen eggs!"
big_smile.png
. Besides, I put up with their dog barking for years, and babysit their pets, so he owes me.
Sounds like a great neighborhood! Had to laugh about your "can't complain about the chickens that are providing your breakfast" comment. You're absolutely right!

Well, as you know, the egg supply waxes and wanes, and we're in a period of wane, right now as these 5 girls get older. Thus, the new flock. I'm currently getting about 2 eggs per day, but that's more than enough for just me, so I hand out the leftovers. I've never intended to keep the neighbors in eggs so they'd never have to buy any; I just wanted to buy their silence about the girls, which I have. ;) Everyone pretty much likes having them around, listening to their soft clucks, and they keep the bug population down. They'll till the soil, too. :D I'm not so sure they'd appreciate roosters, though, and neither would I, so I don't have any. Plus, I had a pretty little coop built so as not to mar the look of the neighborhood. It fits in nicely with my little cottage with it's white picket fence. Everyone has come by to see it. No McMansions here, just a nice, well kept, quiet little street.

Glad you looked up bucolic; how about pastoral, as in a pastoral setting or a pastoral painting. An enriched vocabulary is a wonderful thing. It helps us better express ideas and makes our words richer. With all the technology and "tech speak", I feel society is losing a lot of the richness of the language. Rather than dropping so much, why can't the new just be added on to the old? It needn't be a matter of one or the other.

Oh. BTW. You used a term in another post that I'm not familiar with. I think it's part of the new vocabulary. I'll have to edit to go find it. Be right back.

That makes sense, maybe I should start giving my neighbors eggs! We have about 4 dozen eggs right now. We usually give some to my brother or uncle so I guess we have to do that soon or eat some more. Your neighborhood sure does sound nice!

Now that one I do know but partly because it also happens to be in my cultural anthropology book :) but I 100% percent agree with you! It's a shame language seems to be dying in a way. I admit I myself never read anymore even though I used to love it when I was little so my vocab is terrible. :/ my brothers both love to read. I would like to start reading again. I fear I am addicted to my phone - on it constantly.

Back
Top Bottom