Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I did not realize earthquakes effected air travel, I guess it was for the tower and land based nav. and support that would cause the delays.
During the earthquake they had to evacuate the airport and in particular the control tower.
A few roadways were damaged so they also needed to go out and inspect the runways to make sure they were not damaged.
So once they were allowed back into the airport and once they had inspected the runway flights could resume.
Since I was on the last flight of the day and all other flights were delayed mine was dropped off the Friday schedule and rescheduled for Saturday.
Normally we don't have flights leaving work on Saturdays so it ended up being earlier in the day which was nice.
But once in Anchorage I take a smaller plane down to Kenai.
in the winter time they don't do Saturday flights so I had to get a hotel room in Anchorage till I could get out Sunday afternoon.
It's about three hour to three and a half hour drive one way in good weather.
So I really didn't feel comfortable asking someone to drive up and pick me up.
plus I wasn't a hundred percent sure the highway was open yet as it had some rock slides land on it and they had been working on cleaning it up.
I sure as heck wouldn't want to land on a runway with a giant crack in it and have my plane crash on landing or something.

My brother-in-law said I was a terrible chicken keeper because I’m always killing my birds.

I tried to explain that I was processing extra the cockerels to eat...his response was “ I just don’t understand why you keep killing your chickens” :thGAH!!!!
Sometimes people forget how delicious chicken is. I process extra cockerels too. Best roasted chicken ever!

My brother-in-law said I was a terrible chicken keeper because I’m always killing my birds.

I tried to explain that I was processing extra the cockerels to eat...his response was “ I just don’t understand why you keep killing your chickens” :thGAH!!!!
What you don't enjoy rooster eggs?lol
My friends kids and some of my coworkers seem to think I shouldn't kill my roosters.
I always ask do you want to pay to feed them and build them a coop and a run? Of course nobody has yet offered to pay for me to keep them.
And they all eat chicken!
Some people though actually understand when you explain how the rooster isn't needed for egg production and since my birds Don't free range I really have no need for a rooster for protection either.
My favorite way is to put mine in the Crock-Pot and then can them as chicken soup. So delicious!

Just tell him they keep jumping out of the frying pan if I don't!

I didn't realize nearly everyone here on BYC is so ignorant on how to raise chickens. I'm glad Becky is teaching me right from wrong (yuk yuk yuk).
That last one.
She feeds ground corn? To chicks?
Then she offhanded remarks there's a little soy meal and vitamins?
So is she just feeding ground corn or what? And medicated feed can be very important for soil contaminated with coccidiosis...
She calls a comb a crown?
Hens wattles are too small to be wattles? Whut?

I feel bad for her animals but even more bad for the poor people who get fooled by her videos and all the other animals that suffer because of how far her misinformation has reached.

Did you catch the line the color of feathers determine the color of the eggs? I have never seen black or black and white eggs (jersey giant and either barred rock or Dominick) she's made several more chicken videos. I've not seen them all. she also has a video on how to buy land and it was full of holes like her chicken videos. She says you can only buy on contract on a for sale by owner property for one, and I know that's inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom