Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

There was a couple down by Heppner that was selling eggs at the senior center and Mom almost bought some but others warned her off. These people only sold their old eggs first. They believed that eggs would last just fine on the counter for a year and had saved up eggs for that long to sell.

There was a couple down by Heppner that was selling eggs at the senior center and Mom almost bought some but others warned her off. These people only sold their old eggs first. They believed that eggs would last just fine on the counter for a year and had saved up eggs for that long to sell.

:eek: :th

Eeewwwww! :sick

:sick:eek::th:sick

Having Easter eggers laying, almost every person I’ve came across that I ask if they’ve ever seen a blue or olive chicken egg. One they are simply dumbfounded that it’s a real egg. Then almost always followed by can you eat them & do they taste different.
I think I’m gonna start telling people random stuff like there sweet or taste like butter or something just to mess with them farther

Becky had a new feed video come up on you tube suggested to me. DE= de-wormer to her and grit is the same as oyster shell also and you need oyster shell to help the chickens muscles to shoot the eggs out to keep them from being egg bound (apparently it's not to help the chickens form shells who knew but Becky?). Also it's good food that causes chickens to lay year round, not light!
This is so painful because she's read something and assumed she understood what it meant, but completely failed to get her facts straight...
Oyster 'grit' as it's sold here is considered soluble grit - read digestible. It can help as grit before it has a chance to break down - obviously, this exclusively used as grit for young pullets, show breeds, and roos can lead to organ failure. Weirdly, none of the shops in my area sell marketed insoluble grit, so I just hit up the garden centers for coarse stone and washed sand.
The grit to pop out eggs may be her misconstruing the recommendation to provide eggbound hens with liquid calcium, as calcium deficiency can lead to issues with muscle contraction and a concentrated dose can help in this instance.
Either way, she's making too many assumptions and spreading misleading information solely so she can look smart :/

Well Becky again claims it's not light but food that causes hens to lay in winter, Now she also claims chicken owners have so many eggs they need to make deviled eggs to get rid of all the extras (not a direct quote but the last 2 or so minutes she implies that).

Back
Top Bottom