Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
A customer asked if all my eggs came from girl hens. I said yes. He then asked why don't we have any from boy hens. I told him the boy hens are called roosters and they don't lay eggs.
1f602.png

I swear if one more person asks me "why in the world would you want to have chickens?" I'm going to scream and let my chickens drop some presents on their cars! *bangs head on wall*
Lets see if I can name just a couple reasons... eggs, meat, friendly pets, beautiful pets, pets that help my autistic son, help my anger-issues son.... need I go on?

So glad to see your post about your chickens helping your sons. One of my daughters has ADHD and Attachment issues and the chicks are helping tremendously!!! Thought I was making it up!
celebrate.gif
My little energizer bunny who can't sit still to save her life can sit and watch the chicks easily for an hour plus!

My youngest is texture sensitive, and hates scratchy materials and things that poke or prod... Yet he will sit and stroke our cochins for hours while they peck the bugs off, and he even tolerates their little talons grabbingonto his fingers or clothes. Not a complaint out of him! And since we got them, he can finally stand letting mommy out of his sight because he knows if he lets mommy get done what has to get done- she's gonna take him back to play with his little Goldiflocks and her sisters :) Chickens are a great help for children with behavior issues. When my son with anger management problems begins acting out- we take him back to the chickens and lets him see them scrabble. Then when he acts out again- we ask if he wants people to think he's a chicken and he immediately stops LOL

So my sister visited me today which is totally fine we get along well enough, but she brought her lovely beagle cross who is adorable, but no matter how adorable it is it's not worth one of my golden laced cochins which it tried to rip it's head off! I'm so angry it's in the sick bay right now eating chick feed mixed with high protein quail feed and smothered in a lovely topical spray

I'm okay now I'll call her tomorrow and apologize for my behavior.

DON"T YOU DARE! That would be like apologizing if someone's kid broke your good crystal!!

{rant} Why do people think it's ok to bring their dogs to other's homes? I now have to have my screen door repaired b/c a friend's hyper and poorly behaved dog scratched the screen out. Also, my nephew was so excited about visiting me in the mountains because his big Lab, who stays cooped up in a small fenced in yard, "will love it up there!" I had to tell him she wasn't welcome. Even though I thought he was coming so I could meet his fiance, he never did visit after that. So, I'm sure the excursion wasn't to see me, but for the sake of entertaining his dog. {/rant}

Last edited:
My youngest is texture sensitive, and hates scratchy materials and things that poke or prod... Yet he will sit and stroke our cochins for hours while they peck the bugs off, and he even tolerates their little talons grabbingonto his fingers or clothes. Not a complaint out of him! And since we got them, he can finally stand letting mommy out of his sight because he knows if he lets mommy get done what has to get done- she's gonna take him back to play with his little Goldiflocks and her sisters :)  Chickens are a great help for children with behavior issues.  When my son with anger management problems begins acting out- we take him back to the chickens and lets him see them scrabble. Then when he acts out again- we ask if he wants people to think he's a chicken and he immediately stops LOL

That's cool. I'll pass it on here at school (I work in the Special Education department, as the school psychologist) 7

Originally Posted by CyndiChick

My youngest is texture sensitive, and hates scratchy materials and things that poke or prod... Yet he will sit and stroke our cochins for hours while they peck the bugs off, and he even tolerates their little talons grabbingonto his fingers or clothes. Not a complaint out of him! And since we got them, he can finally stand letting mommy out of his sight because he knows if he lets mommy get done what has to get done- she's gonna take him back to play with his little Goldiflocks and her sisters
smile.png
Chickens are a great help for children with behavior issues. When my son with anger management problems begins acting out- we take him back to the chickens and lets him see them scrabble. Then when he acts out again- we ask if he wants people to think he's a chicken and he immediately stops LOL

That's cool. I'll pass it on here at school (I work in the Special Education department, as the school psychologist) 7
Silkies were the original pet chicken--of Chinese Royalty.

They are used for therapy too.

DON"T YOU DARE! That would be like apologizing if someone's kid broke your good crystal!!

{rant} Why do people think it's ok to bring their dogs to other's homes? I now have to have my screen door repaired b/c a friend's hyper and poorly behaved dog scratched the screen out. Also, my nephew was so excited about visiting me in the mountains because his big Lab, who stays cooped up in a small fenced in yard, "will love it up there!" I had to tell him she wasn't welcome. Even though I thought he was coming so I could meet his fiance, he never did visit after that. So, I'm sure the excursion wasn't to see me, but for the sake of entertaining his dog. {/rant}
I think she understood and the chickens alive and well. We talked again today and she won't be bringing her dog back over and I had to apologize it just wouldn't be right for me to leave things between us on bad terms. I'm sorry about your screen though I would be livid too! I'm only apologizing for my behavior I certainly could have handled the situation better, and I jumped the gun on it too and started telling her the chicken was as good as dead. (feathers everywhere got me really scared) it didn't help that it happened to be my gl cochin roo who is unbelievably gentle.

A customer asked if all my eggs came from girl hens. I said yes. He then asked why don't we have any from boy hens. I told him the boy hens are called roosters and they don't lay eggs.
1f602.png

LMAO!

I just don't get the people who don't understand the difference between male and female and then I remember that someone has to be at the bottom of the intelligence bell curve.

Last edited:
Quote: DON"T YOU DARE! That would be like apologizing if someone's kid broke your good crystal!!

Why take the dogs where you're making someone else's house full hair or dander? We leave our dogs at a wonderful kennel when we go visit my family. Mom can't stand dog hair on stuff and I have a german shedder dog. They get a good sized kennel to share at night and during the day their are big fenced yards that the dogs get to play in with dogs of similar temperament and size. If I gather up their bedding and take it out to the truck they both start crying and jumping around until we get in the truck to go. They love going there and playing with the other dogs for a few days and it helps make sure they get socialization with other dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom