Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, as an avid deer hunter myself, I always follow all rules and regulations. I would never, EVAH hang meat in a tree to entice a deer to my spot - I mean, baiting deer is illegal!
lau.gif

After reading so many pages of this I thought I should add my own. I was telling my friend who was visiting recently that I was waiting for my chickens to start laying eggs and that my DH finally put a light up there for me. Her response was that since I haven't had them for a year I won't be getting any eggs until they are a year old. I told her that a lot of the breeds I had picked should start laying anytime and that they are earlier egg producers. She then, on the way out to look at the chickens, asked if I had a rooster. I told her I did not and she proceeded to tell me that without a rooster I won't get eggs any sooner because having a rooster around speeds up the process. Also I should get a couple older hens from someone because having girls who are already laying gets the younger ones laying sooner too. I'll admit I'm not sure whether the last one is true or not, but needless to say I got my first egg about a week after she left and I proceeded to text her and show her the pic of it. Once one of them started laying it did seem like all of them started to. I now have 8 who are laying.

Not related to chickens at all but I once worked with a girl and we were standing around one night talking about hunting and such and she looked at us and asked why we didn't hang at steak out to attract the deer so we could shoot them. My jaw literally dropped and I looked at the other person standing there before bursting out laughing.

1) Just smile and nod when the idiots start spouting their wisdom. As Samuel Clemons (Mark Twain) once said, ""Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." He also said, "“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” It's like wrestling with a pig, "You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

Boy, I'm on a roll now. I've got a million of 'em!

Bertrand Russell said, "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

2) She sure would attract a lot of coyotes and neighborhood dogs! Maybe a few foxes and skunks, too. Don't see anything on that list that would be worth killing and eating, though.

Last edited:
1) Just smile and nod when the idiots start spouting their wisdom. As Samuel Clemons (Mark Twain) once said, ""Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." He also said, "“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” It's like wrestling with a pig, "You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

Bertrand Russell said, "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

2) She sure would attract a lot of coyotes and neighborhood dogs! Maybe a few foxes and skunks, too. Don't see anything on that list that would be worth killing and eating, though.

Well the friend that told me all that about the chickens actually grew up on a farm of sorts down the road from me so when she started spouting the nonsense I'm sure I looked at her like she had three heads. Then I did the whole chickens don't need a rooster to lay eggs just like you don't need a man to have your period. She stared at me like I was stupid. But whatever. I texted her a picture of my first egg and I was the bigger person, I didn't rub it in her face or anything that she was wrong. I'm just hoping seeing that makes her realize whatever she was told growing up isn't true.

And I guess it's a good thing that the one who wanted to bait deer with steaks doesn't actually hunt. I think now she is pretty much a house wife. Not sure if she even works or not.

Yes that whole, "I don't want to eat meat from chickens, I want to eat meat from the store" thing is hilarious to me.

I'm sorry, where did you think it was grown?

My 4 year old keeps telling all of his friends during snack time (because he's forceful with knowledge like his mother) what their food is made of. "Chicken nuggets are made of dead chickens. Bacon is made of dead pigs. Hamburgers are made of dead cows!"

He's very proud of his knowledge but he's disturbing the other kids. XD

LOL that is to funny....
gig.gif

After reading so many pages of this I thought I should add my own. I was telling my friend who was visiting recently that I was waiting for my chickens to start laying eggs and that my DH finally put a light up there for me. Her response was that since I haven't had them for a year I won't be getting any eggs until they are a year old. I told her that a lot of the breeds I had picked should start laying anytime and that they are earlier egg producers. She then, on the way out to look at the chickens, asked if I had a rooster. I told her I did not and she proceeded to tell me that without a rooster I won't get eggs any sooner because having a rooster around speeds up the process. Also I should get a couple older hens from someone because having girls who are already laying gets the younger ones laying sooner too. I'll admit I'm not sure whether the last one is true or not, but needless to say I got my first egg about a week after she left and I proceeded to text her and show her the pic of it. Once one of them started laying it did seem like all of them started to. I now have 8 who are laying.

Not related to chickens at all but I once worked with a girl and we were standing around one night talking about hunting and such and she looked at us and asked why we didn't hang at steak out to attract the deer so we could shoot them. My jaw literally dropped and I looked at the other person standing there before bursting out laughing.

Not sure exactly what she was thinking when she said it. But I couldn't believe that someone who had graduated high school thought that deer ate meat.
Clearly she just misheard you and thought you were talking about hunting zombie deer.

Duh.

Quote:

Well the friend that told me all that about the chickens actually grew up on a farm of sorts down the road from me so when she started spouting the nonsense I'm sure I looked at her like she had three heads. Then I did the whole chickens don't need a rooster to lay eggs just like you don't need a man to have your period. She stared at me like I was stupid. But whatever. I texted her a picture of my first egg and I was the bigger person, I didn't rub it in her face or anything that she was wrong. I'm just hoping seeing that makes her realize whatever she was told growing up isn't true.

And I guess it's a good thing that the one who wanted to bait deer with steaks doesn't actually hunt. I think now she is pretty much a house wife. Not sure if she even works or not.

Just tell her your hens are homosexual, that is why you don't need a rooster. and if she does not believe it tell her she is just a bigot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom