Emu Hatch-A-Long 2014

I"m not shre about the h
Hi guys I am on day 44 with my egg. When exactly should I expect it to hatch at 97 degrees? Also, when should I quit turning the little wiggler? And one more thing, my humidity is at 45% because of the rainy weather. Not sure how to get it down and my incubator fan is on as high as it will go. I also have all of the fans on as well as the AC in my house. I really really don't want to screw this up when I am so close! Thanks guys for everything.
I"m no to sure abou the humidity, But my emu chicks hatched on day 49-51 at about 96.5 degrees. So it's soon. Also you should stop turning them after they have "sounded" which is when you tap the shell lightly with a ring or a drill bit, and listen for a high tinking sound, rahter then a dull thud, once you here the higher pitch ting-ting when you tap the eggs, then you may even but your ear to the shell, and listen to the chick scratching and moving about. It may even whistle back to you, once, one, or all of these things happend when you test them, then STOP turning the eggs.

Hi guys I am on day 44 with my egg. When exactly should I expect it to hatch at 97 degrees? Also, when should I quit turning the little wiggler? And one more thing, my humidity is at 45% because of the rainy weather. Not sure how to get it down and my incubator fan is on as high as it will go. I also have all of the fans on as well as the AC in my house. I really really don't want to screw this up when I am so close! Thanks guys for everything.
Try to get the humidity down by putting a bowl of fry rice in there. I used that before. Taking the eggs out and talking to them encourages them to come out. Plus the fresh air helps. Good luck!!
big_smile.png

Hi guys I am on day 48. My humidity is down to 40%. What should I do to get it down? Also, I am at an 18.47% egg LOSS weight. I am encroaching the danger zone right? WHAT DO I DO! My baby is wiggling. I am so freaking worried that I have a viable chick that may drown here. :(

Back
Top Bottom