Fox Field Farm Flock

I'll try to get a picture of our newest baby, Unique. She is under Craigen, who has waited for quite a while now for her eggs to hatch. I've got a TON of other hens that decided the weather was right to go broody, including: Princess, Shayera, Tide, Tempest, Eve, Leopold, Nastalgia, and Bobbi II. I'm going to have my hands full. : )

My many Broody and Momma hens.

Eve is broody in a nest box and doing well. She has been a mother before, so I trust her to be good.

Tempest is already broody again! Wow she is on a roll, she was just broody to Celeste and Reeka

Look whose going for round two! Poor tiny Silkie mix Shayera broke-up after being chased from the nest too often by other hens. Now she is going for it again. She already lost one egg to other hens crushing it, but hopefully things will get better for her.

Goldie with Luminosity (Lulu) and April's Enigma

Siberia, who was going to go out under Leopold but she tried to murder him, so he went under Nastalgia

Up in the rafters of what we call the "Milk Shed" is who I believe to be Bobbi. I lost a hen named StarDust to a disease but she looked so much like Bobbi sometimes I'm not sure which one I lost.

Not broody, but a handsome dude none the less. This is Iota.

Craigen before her two chicks hatched.

Now fully "weaned", this is Celestial (Celeste) who I believe to be a rooster. Next to him is Storm Cloud, running for a drink.

Nastalgia's first baby, Cessna.

Princess got a cage to be broody in because she kept moving her nest away from her son, Bugaby, who kept snuggling with her. She has three eggs with her.

Craigen's two chicks, Edwina and Unique.

Key the feisty little girl with her babies, some of the youngest I have let free-range (she is so protective they couldn't be hurt by a bear!) The dark one is Harmony, the like one is Ghost (I believe, I lost one of the the two white ones, but it was the larger of the two so I think it was Whisper).

I think Tide has decided to go broody. She hopped down from the rafters and started sticking hay in her wings. Whatever works for her. Her main-man, Midas, is watching her carefully. Such a protective father.

Little Breath is doing great. Some how he was too weak when he hatched to move to his mother's nest when she stood up and he nearly froze. After some emergency care inside he is doing well enough to go out with his mother, Princess.

Breath, Tolkien, Heart and one chick (the dark one) that remains unnamed so far.

G. Callen, Jarvan, Cadmium, and four unnamed chicks that belong to Bobbi!

Cadmium

Jarvan

We've got two more hatched babies today! Both from standard eggs but both under a bantam hen named Tempest. She is a very good mother, just finished raising two roosters who are now teenagers and doing well. Her babies are Noshie and Cliche. Her third egg's chick is upside down so I brought it into the incubator to watch over. It bleeds whenever it tries to push through the membrane or when I try to help it. Thankfully he didn't suffocate without the airsac. Little Triaria is a fighter.
smile.png

SOOO many chicks right now it's hard to keep track. Craigen has 2, Princess has 6, Scarlet has 2, Leopold has 2, Shayera has 4, Eve has 6, Bobbi has 7, Nostalgia has 2, Key has 2, Goldie has 2, and now Susie has 2! I have to try to identify and name them all, so I keep a description and photos of them and then have to track their plumage changes as they mature into their adult feathers. Sometimes I fail and just have to guess who is who, but at least I try. : )

Thanks. : ) I love her, I think she might actually have a chick that hatched with her pattern (finally, usually they are barred or buff columbian like the Dad).

Analia (Scarlet's first baby)
Analia.jpg

CIA (just hatched today and went under Mrs. Potter)
CIA.jpg

Cliche
Cliche.jpg

Dare and Dire
Dare and Dire.jpg

Essence
Essence?.jpg

Excesior
Excelsior.jpg

Magnefique
Magnefique.jpg

Morning Glory
Morning Glory.jpg

Navy, CIA, and Cabe
Navy, CIA and Cabe.jpg
Noshie
Noshie.jpg

Paradigm
Paradigm.jpg

Paradox
Paradox.jpg

Rhyme
Rhyme.jpg

Rhythm
Rhythm.jpg

Rumor
Rumor.jpg

Shenanigan
Shenanigen.jpg

I had like 12 chicks hatch yesterday. Wow. I generally get two or three a day, but it was an all-out hatch-fest Friday. I had to come up with names for all of them, fit them with the right momma hen, and one of them I even had to super-glue a hernia on! I actually super-glued my finger to the chicks herniated intestines. That was an interesting moment. But she is now free from me and healing up in the incubator (hopefully, hard to know until a few days pass).

Still more chicks to go though! I'm seriously going to need to do some rooster rehoming soon. : )

Back
Top Bottom