Frizzle thread

We are just looking to see if maybe anyone in here knows if this little baby is a frizzle! We just hatched 5 Tolbunt Polish chickens and the lady that shipped them has frizzle roo to smooth hens, and frizzled hens with a smooth roo. This is our first go around with frizzles so I'm not exactly sure if what I'm seeing is "frizzle" or something different. Pictures are so hard to get...I feel like it doesn't "capture" the wings like I'm seeing them lol...the best way I can describe it is the first chick's wings lay flat against it's body...the "maybe frizzle" chick's wings seem to be off...like they have a tiny curl outwards....or it might be wishful thinking lol (well it flipped the pics so the first one is the one I think is a frizzle...second one I believe is smooth) They hatched a week ago

Yes, I think it well may be a frizzle. In a few days you will know for sure. Comparing wing feathers can often help with detecting frizzle early.

Yes, I think it well may be a frizzle. In a few days you will know for sure. Comparing wing feathers can often help with detecting frizzle early.

Thanks for your input! I keep staring at it...and out of the 5 it looks so different from the other 4. When they hold their wings to their body this one looks like it wings go out instead of laying flat...it's just not the crazy "curl" I thought I was looking for! The wings on the other 4 look "identical" in that they lay smooth against their bodies! I will have to be patient until the end of the week :)

Mu two babies. .

I have one hen that I think is a frazzle. She looks like hen number 1 up above but with thinner less fluffy feathers. She is naked all the way down her neck and she is about a year old.

This is my Little Orphan Annie. She was abandoned by her mother hen along with her sibs when they were all just hatched. I found her still alive but sadly all the others died, She is a cochin X faverolle frizzle. When she waddles around looking for goodies she looks like a little ball of fluff. Her feathers feel more like a soft long haired dog than chicken feathers.

Back
Top Bottom