Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

when asked you really eat your own eggs, and meat I always laugh and say yes what am I supposed to do with them? Keep in mind these are the same people that will eat Mcdonalds or KFC 2 things I wont go near.

Oh and after slaving making a nice meal for all my friends i mentioned half way through (after everyone said it was the best beef ever) that it was venison, do you know 3 of my friends stopped eating it right then and there! needless to say I dont share my precious venison anymore with them and when I do make it I tell everyone it is beef.

I live in the city so I am surrounded by, well you know....

A guy I worked with asked me this when I was explaining the different colored eggs that some chickens lay.....

"So brown chickens lay brown eggs, white chickens lay white eggs? Is your chicken green, is that why her eggs are green?"
roll.png

Quote:
In all honesty, the store bought organic eggs here are all brown. But only because people think brown eggs are better for you than white eggs. Anyone ever heard that? "Brown eggs have no cholesterol!" And the egg factories switch to brown laying hens and go cha-ching!

On the RADIO (of all places), a woman decided to tell all the listeners that paying more for brown eggs (they do cost more here...organic, etc) is stupid because they are just dyed white eggs. Chickens only lay white eggs!
barnie.gif

Someone I know well was talking about my MILs dog prancing like a Clydesdale horse. So, she picks up the puppy and says, "Are you a horse? baaaa baaaa". I just busted up laughing after I informed her that was a sheep sound...not a horse. HA HA She's 22.
lau.gif

I once had someone argue with me about the 2 'types' of chickens.

This person had 1 "type" of chicken they were raising on their hobby farm.

This argument started when I asked them if they thought the eggs from their chickens tasted better than store bought eggs.
They looked at me like I was crazy, "NO! We can't eat our chickens eggs. These are chick hatching eggs. We don't have eating egg chickens."

I was like "WHAT?!?"
ep.gif

That's right - apparently there are 2 'types' of chickens - The kind that lay chick hatching eggs and the kind that lay eating eggs.
idunno.gif

I tried to explain the whole rooster/hen egg thing, but it didn't work.
And they had non-setters, so all the eggs the hens layed were on the floor of the coop!

BTW - I live in a city and this crazy person lived on a farm.

Last edited:
guy I dated once looked at the mounted deer heads on my dads living room wall and said "I see you like to kill defensless animals" Dad was quick to reply "If you think theyre so helpless let me tell you what they did to my corn"
lau.gif

OH OH OH! I just remembered the other day my boyfriend said his sister in law said she only eats chicken breast because chicken on the bone was dirty. WHAT! Where does she think it all comes from?

Last edited:
Quote:
i always give them reality lessons, tell them stories of bucks in the woods... especially in breeding season.. Not to mention if it weren't for hunters more peoples car would be messed up due to over-population
wink.png
wish i had some stories to add..

Back
Top Bottom