Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I told my friend we will have some chicks this spring, and she's like "Aw, congrats! They are pregnant!" LOL!!!!! I didn't correct her. It was too funny!
gig.gif

I informed that you can sex chicks before they hatch by looking at the egg.
tongue.png

A lot of people think that. I just respond by asking them why, if that is the case, the hatcheries hatch all those unwanted roosters. However, if you sex chicks by the shape of the egg, you will be right about half of the time.

A lot of people think that.  I just respond by asking them why, if that is the case,  the hatcheries hatch all those unwanted roosters.  However, if you sex chicks by the shape of the egg, you will be right about half of the time.

Actually, some secondary school students did an experiment on this theory last year here. They formulated an exact ratio of length to width that required a something like 20 measurements for each egg. They got around 89% correct results.

A lot of people think that. I just respond by asking them why, if that is the case, the hatcheries hatch all those unwanted roosters. However, if you sex chicks by the shape of the egg, you will be right about half of the time.

Well that is the idea of straight run, half and half (just kidding).

Actually, some secondary school students did an experiment on this theory last year here. They formulated an exact ratio of length to width that required a something like 20 measurements for each egg. They got around 89% correct results.

20 measurements per egg sounds a little hard for a minimum wage employee at a hatchery for a 2$ chick..

I feel kind of guilty for replying to this, seeing as I'm a "city slicker" now...

(Yes, I'm telling you all 3 years late. I haven't been here since Oct. 2010, unless you count yesterday. But it's official now, at least in BYC-world. I moved!)

Back
Top Bottom