Fuzzy's Farm

frow.gif
Hi Willowlady! You are welcome to chat too, we are kinda random here. :)

(There is a "currently viewing" box to the right, lol.)

I'm getting ready to upload some more chick pics

Last edited:
This splay leg chick. It's a lot worse than I thought. Her hip is really messed up. I feel so bad, she must be in a lot of pain. I made her pen dark and made sure she was warm and comfy but she refuses to sleep. I finally found a hobble that she won't manage to get off. I tried the band aid but she kept getting it stuck to the bottom of her foot when I was putting it on, and I made one out of an elastic hairband but that wouldn't stay out. So this time I used a piece of yarn and tied little, kinda loose knots on her legs. I hope it works......... :fl

Nope, i tried that first!  They can still splay the leg out because the yarn slides up their hock.

Do the band-aid one leg at a time; do you have anyone who could help hold her for you?   I will find a link with pics for you. 

eta
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/41693/spraddle-leg-splay-leg-treatment-instructions/30

http://www.2ndchance.info/spraddle.htm

Ah, okay. No, no one will help me. :(. My brother's too rough and parents are out of the question. I'll do the Band-Aid once I finish eating lunch.

I am -- this -- close to eating some SGs...
I like crowing, but once they start, they don't stop!!! And there is 2-3 of them crowing at once!
Curse you Mom2 for giving me all roos!!
tongue2.gif

Next spring, I want some EE babies! I would love to get some Noodle & Nugget babies... If I ever get Nuggets wry neck straightened out... poor guy!

You'll have to click to enlarge, i didn't want to hog a whole page!!!

Cocoa Jr, she's gotten pretty zippy and independant!

My blonde, who carries a bit of whatever genes that the one that didn't
make it last year had. Markings are different, but colors all there.
So far her wing feathers are coming in buff/cream and blue!

Her back is less mahogony, and her head don't have a dark patch, but the blue buff blend is there.........
I still wish this guy would have made it. He'd have definitely been my new roo.

This guy has very similar markings on his head and back, the blue around the head, but
just don't have the buff. Mostly black and brown.

Blondie has a possible brother, this one has the same colors but because there
is less blue and more buff/cream he looks darker

These two, one is blue and rust and one is black and brown

group pic, and my cheesy-mac feeder :)

I am -- this -- close to eating some SGs...
I like crowing, but once they start, they don't stop!!! And there is 2-3 of them crowing at once!
Curse you Mom2 for giving me all roos!!
tongue2.gif

Next spring, I want some EE babies! I would love to get some Noodle & Nugget babies... If I ever get Nuggets wry neck straightened out... poor guy!
No eating the SGs

Back
Top Bottom