Got a new coop and already

GoldenBlossoms

Songster
May 30, 2022
Got a new coop with a metal floor in the sleeping/roosting area for easy clean and already I am seeing a problem. My poor chickens can't walk on it, they slip and slid and one if my polishes ran out of the coop so fast, assuming tripping, cuz she slammed into the face that is part of the Run. I put a lot if fluff down but it didn't seem to do anything as it was all moved aside with there sliding. How do I fix this?

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-2...ocphy=1026313&hvtargid=pla-309739173732&psc=1

I used this spray on my bathroom tile floors. The bathroom floor has the super smooth shiny tile it worked for me. I’d try spraying it on the metal and then put bedding down

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-2...ocphy=1026313&hvtargid=pla-309739173732&psc=1

I used this spray on my bathroom tile floors. The bathroom floor has the super smooth shiny tile it worked for me. I’d try spraying it on the metal and then put bedding down for more traction.
And it's pet safe? My chickens like to eat the bedding of there coop for some reason.

I know this isn't the brightest question, but can you replace the existing roost with a wooden dowel of some sort, like a closet one?
Unfortunately no. Our wood ones are just tk small for this current coop. We have a wooden coop for our chickens but they are going to get to big to fit all 9 soon. (6 chickens are only 4 months old) so we wanted to get a bigger one for them since once grown they will be bigger them our mama hens lol

Pics of the metal plate in question? Maybe some stripes of peel/stick grip tape used for stairs/ramps/skateboards/etc for anti-skid; on clean metal that stuff should stick quite well so chickens can't pick it off.
We sanded it today to see if that would work then washed it with water so nothing will accidentally hurt the chickens feet. But we have yet to test it to see if it keep the chickens from slipping.

Attachments

• 20230801_133835.jpg
    20230801_133835.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom