Horse Talk

His "summer coat" you can bury up to your 1st knuckle in fluff, it's LONG, like a short hair cat length. His winter coat... You use a comb on it not a brush... Some of it gets 4 or more inches long... and then his beard.... it's ridiculous... he'll still be alive if he gets dumped into an ice age... but, his little legs are too short to handle any significant snow, he can't move in 2 foot of snow so he stays inside (with the hay and water tubs) while the others wander around outside...

On a mini forum, they regularly post "before" and "after" pictures of the spring clipping sessions. It's amazing to see the equine equivalent of an Old English Sheepdog get transformed into a dainty halter champion by a pair of clippers. Mine don't get quite that wooly, but they look like there's a whole lot less to them come summer. Which reminds me, I need to get some pictures before they start fluffing out again . . . in the next week or two.:rolleyes:

On a mini forum, they regularly post "before" and "after" pictures of the spring clipping sessions. It's amazing to see the equine equivalent of an Old English Sheepdog get transformed into a dainty halter champion by a pair of clippers. Mine don't get quite that wooly, but they look like there's a whole lot less to them come summer. Which reminds me, I need to get some pictures before they start fluffing out again . . . in the next week or two.:rolleyes:
When I work him I body clip him, when I'm not working him I leave the summer fluff alone unless he's super hot, then I clip big patches but not the entire pony. This little bugger will never be referred to as dainty, he's built like a mini Percheron not a mini Arabian like most of them are these days. I'll have to dig out a decent pic of him and post it... both summer and winter looks... lol

Oh yeah, and the big poof ball of a mane that he has, yeah, it gets roached at least once a year... it's so thick it pushes his bridle up and over his ears and he can't see at all with the blinders blocking to the sides and the forelock blocking in front!

His "summer coat" you can bury up to your 1st knuckle in fluff, it's LONG, like a short hair cat length. His winter coat... You use a comb on it not a brush... Some of it gets 4 or more inches long... and then his beard.... it's ridiculous... he'll still be alive if he gets dumped into an ice age... but, his little legs are too short to handle any significant snow, he can't move in 2 foot of snow so he stays inside (with the hay and water tubs) while the others wander around outside...

Haha! :lau Smoke's fur gets super thick in the winter too... And wirey. And it stays wirey all yeaf. :rolleyes:

Haha! :lau Smoke's fur gets super thick in the winter too... And wirey. And it stays wirey all yeaf. :rolleyes:

When I work him I body clip him, when I'm not working him I leave the summer fluff alone unless he's super hot, then I clip big patches but not the entire pony. This little bugger will never be referred to as dainty, he's built like a mini Percheron not a mini Arabian like most of them are these days. I'll have to dig out a decent pic of him and post it... both summer and winter looks... lol

Oh yeah, and the big poof ball of a mane that he has, yeah, it gets roached at least once a year... it's so thick it pushes his bridle up and over his ears and he can't see at all with the blinders blocking to the sides and the forelock blocking in front!

:eek: :th
T.H.I.C.K!!! :th

Well, I finally decided that the time is never going to be "right" so I might as well get going now. I contacted my old riding instructor and will be having her come out and give me dressage lessons on Stud. I've been working with him since Thursday, getting him used to wearing a bridle again and I rode him a tiny bit on Saturday, just at a walk, but he was pretty good, a little high strung, but he's a green, 10 year old stallion that hadn't been ridden in a year, so not bad at all. I gave him yesterday off from riding but longed him a good bit and hosed him down afterwards. Will probably bring him in and work on his mane today, then back to work again tomorrow.

Good luck Kusanar, dressage is good for all horses!
Yep, I used to show my Arabian gelding in dressage. Beat a bunch of professional trainers kids on their professionally trained warmblood ponies too, that was kind of funny.
Stud has an amazing walk, decent trot, and self carriage that puts him on the bit while longing on a loose rope. He floats...

So this isn't horse related, buuuut who wants to help me pick a name for the German Shepherd puppy I'm getting next week?
Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

I would kinda like to name her something similar to my last German Shepherd, Ryder, but the only "Ry" name I like for a girl is Ryah, and I don't even like it that much :rolleyes:
This is Ryder
IMG_7633.JPG
IMG_7634.JPG

Last edited:
SQUEEEE!!!!!
Firat thing that came to my mind was Bear. XD
What about Raja? Or Raksha? (Raksha is an indian word for demon. If you've read the original Jungle Book it makes more sense. :lol: )

Back
Top Bottom