Horses!!!!!!!!

I hope your leg gets better!!!!!!!! I wish people would be honest to we have bought soo many horses for my little sister that we are told are good and after a couple days they are terrible!!!!!!! It makes you not even want look any more because your scared you will get lied to again!!!!

Sandy wad suppose to be perfectly broke. We spent no small amount to make sure our daughters horse would be safe. The first thing she did was bite me. The second thing was hurl my husband like a doll. *sigh* We are going to have to pay more for training.

I have learned over the years that I get the best results by buying a young horse and training it myself. That way you get exactly what you want. A horse can be treated very well and respect you at the same time!! Trust and respect is very important!! Some horses arent worth the effort,but most are!! I believe that if I had not bought Budd he would have end up as alpo. He flipped over backwards onto the driveway the day I picked him up. All the lady did was tug tug tug on his rope.
hu.gif
Give a horse their head and they relax! He has grown sooo big and stout he would be a very scarey horse if acted that way now!! He is the best trail horse! He has a home forever!!

I am so happy Budd turned out OK!! I hope Sandy works out for you bugglesmommy! My aunt bought a 2 year old and has been traning him he has turned out to be pretty good!!!

I have learned over the years that I get the best results by buying a young horse and training it myself. That way you get exactly what you want. A horse can be treated very well and respect you at the same time!! Trust and respect is very important!! Some horses arent worth the effort,but most are!! I believe that if I had not bought Budd he would have end up as alpo. He flipped over backwards onto the driveway the day I picked him up. All the lady did was tug tug tug on his rope.
hu.gif
Give a horse their head and they relax! He has grown sooo big and stout he would be a very scarey horse if acted that way now!! He is the best trail horse! He has a home forever!!
This only works if you know what you are doing. I have seen several well-behaved, well-"broke" horses develop some really bad behaviors from being in the hands of somebody who thought they knew what they were doing, but really didn't. The problem is that a horse's training is a lifelong process; he's learning all the time. He may do something subtle that the handler doesn't notice (or thinks is cute), and he get away with it, so the next time he goes a bit further and gets away with that. Before you know it, he's a handful, and the owner says, "what happened? He used to be so sweet! I guess he just wasn't trained right," when what has happened is that they "trained" these new behaviors without realizing it.

Hi!!!!!!!!  I love horses!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many people on BYC have them?  I have 3.  Traveller, he is a dapple gray quarter horse, Smooth, he is a chestnut quarter horse and Belle she is a brown miniature horse.   
my family raises horses so we have around 30+ horses!

Back
Top Bottom