How Many Cc Of Tylan 50 Do Chickens Get? Help Asap

the OP may be a year old, but I am sure glad it is on here. I am using the information to treat a 10 wk old Wheaten Maran for an upper respiratory infection. Thank you everyone!
clap.gif

I would take one to the state vet. It is free in most states. Otherwise you are treating for something, but not sure what. It sounds more like a URI than a eye infection in which case....You really need to isolate those sick birds and get them tested.

Regarding water soluble Tylan, it is labelled for poultry. Dosage: I use 1/4 of the bottle of powder, mixed with 32 oz. of water. Shake well until completely dissolved. The foam will subside, and you will have a clear liquid. Mix 3 oz. of this liquid with 1 gallon of water. This size batch will make 12 gallons of medicated water. Treat for 3-5 days. Mix up a fresh batch after 3 days. I have had very good luck with this treatment. Do not eat the eggs of a hen under treatment. Wait 10 days after end of treatment to eat eggs.

There are several types of Tylan: injectable Tylan 50 and 200 can be used as injection or by mouth straight, and powder which is only mixed in water by mouth

Do you inject the entire flock or just the sick ones? Do you use a fresh needle and syringe per bird? Can I just inject the sick birds and treat the water for all chickens with tylan?

I had a hawk attack a rooster early June when my birds were out free ranging. He vanished for 3 days and came back missing most of his feathers and had 2 rips down his back. I put him in my bantam coop to heal, and when he was strong again, I put him back with his flock (about I have 14 hens 7 pullets and 3 roosters in a large divided coop, hens and roosters on one side, pullets and younger hens on the other with just hardware cloth dividing and broody hens now with chicks hatching in a store room in the same building, but a solid wall between them and the flock; the bantams are in a separate coop). Disease did not cross my mind then, nor did it when I purchased the 7 pullets 3 weeks ago. Now I am regretting both those decisions. I have had chickens for 4 or 5 years, and never had a disease go through my flock before; lucky because they free-range all day every day.

A few days ago there was a sudden drop in egg production, and it has not picked back up. I assumed the EE's had made another nest in the woods as they often do. Yesterday I was out in the yard feeding them treats and asked them where they hid their nest when one bird cocked her head as if she were listening and I saw something in her eye. I think she tipped it to see if I had more treats. There are bubbles in the corner of her eye. I inspected the rest of the flock, and found the rooster and one other EE also have the bubbly eye thing going. No one is coughing, rattling, nor sneezing, no head shaking, and they are going about their business as usual. Poops look normal, no dirty butts, but I am also not going through the same amount of feed I typically do, but my orchard has ripe plums, and I have 30 blueberry bushes that they have been raiding. I smelled the sick birds faces and noticed no bad odors. In past years, I had always used Oxine in their water, but have not done so this year since early spring. The pullets and young hens appear to be healthy. It is my old birds that are getting sick.

Back
Top Bottom