I just really want to see your equines!

Just a fun poll; what’s your favorite horse color?

• Bay

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Chestnut

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Grey

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Black

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Buckskin

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Dun

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Palomino

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Pinto

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Roan

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Silver dapple

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Other: (state below!)

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
Do you show Gandalf in the Area V or Area IV eventing circuit? He looks very familiar and I recognize the name....although many horses have the same name so you never know.
He does not. He's actually only 8 years old and was going to start lightly showing when Covid hit and the shows vanished. But a very good friend who actively shows is picking him up next month and he will be showing in Massachusetts. He will be doing gymkhana, hunter paces and possibly getting some dressage experience with an eye towards 3 day eventing.
Here's a couple more pics of him! One of him popping over a little crossrail and the other is him crossing a mesh bridge at a construction site. One of the guys working the big machines said no horse would ever go over it, so I bet him that he would, and if he did, dude would stop working long enough to take our picture.
42.JPG

IMG_20190923_145154.jpg

I'll play!
Connemara Sportpony, Gandalf the Gray
View attachment 3079745
My round little Thelwell pony, Dragonfly, Welsh/Connemara cross, with her colt by Gandalf, Silver RainView attachment 3079747
Agnes, the pretty molly muleView attachment 3079748I've got to download more from my phone...

Jasmine is the bay paint, Choo Chi is the pony and Sinsa is the baby.
View attachment 3080103

Jazz stretching her legs.
View attachment 3080106

Little ManView attachment 3080108

Please forgive all the dirt! I'm in the desert and grass just isn't natural here😭
OMG yalls horses are so beautiful!!!

Don't have photos on hand sorry but I grew up around Quarter Horses and Spotted Saddle Horses and I loved them. My aunt's old QH mare was a good gal! My parent's SSH's were very very smart, good judges of human character. SSH's - mom was a brown and white paint, son was a black and white paint. Family's QH's were beautiful, the Palomino was my favorite who I was there for the birth of. No horses today, but I loved those sweeties.

Khalif refused to move until AFTER my daughter got up. Amazing sense of responsibility.
Some people criticize Arabs for being "too hot" but Arabs love and take care of the people they trust, they form a close bond with their person.
Yall must have great core muscles lol
Yes! Always a work-in-progress though.
Jumping, jumping bareback, jumping with no hands, it's a blast!
My first instructor in my childhood was formerly a British Army cavalry officer, who made us do all sorts of torturous exercises - sweated and learned a lot.
great core strength!
What Eventing area are you in, in Arkansas? I'm in Area VII, and the loss of venues for events here is really a disadvantage to us We only have 11 for the whole year, including a couple that have yet to be recognized. Compared to the eastern areas, where there's at least one and sometimes more than one, every weekend during the season.

Some people criticize Arabs for being "too hot" but Arabs love and take care of the people they trust, they form a close bond with their person.

Yes! Always a work-in-progress though.

My first instructor in my childhood was formerly a British Army cavalry officer, who made us do all sorts of torturous exercises - sweated and learned a lot.

What Eventing area are you in, in Arkansas? I'm in Area VII, and the loss of venues for events here is really a disadvantage to us We only have 11 for the whole year, including a couple that have yet to be recognized. Compared to the eastern areas, where there's at least one and sometimes more than one, every weekend during the season.
Unfortunately Arkansas no longer has any eventing shows locally so we have to travel to everything. We mostly compete in Area V which has also lost shows. In the past few years we've expanded our traveling to include some Area IV shows.

Back
Top Bottom