I just really want to see your equines!

Just a fun poll; what’s your favorite horse color?

• Bay

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Chestnut

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Grey

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Black

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Buckskin

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Dun

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Palomino

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Pinto

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Roan

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Silver dapple

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Other: (state below!)

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
Pics
1651098646384.png

http://www.wahorsepark.org/our-facility/location-directions

@Lemon-Drop

Washington is in Area VII. If you go to the USEA website, it gives you the dates and locations of all the recognized events for the year. Not only do we welcome spectators, you could be a volunteer! It's super fun and you get to see all the horses and riders more up-close and personal than if you're just a spectator. There are jobs for all experience levels - if you've never done it before, they'll have you run score sheets from the judges to the office, hand out numbers to the riders, direct them to their stables, put poles back up that got knocked down in the show-jumping...all kinds of help is needed! Once you've done it a couple times, there are even better jobs, such as jump-judging a cross-country jump (they start you off at an easier one, after watching a video) or even scribing for a dressage judge - basically you write down on the score sheet everything they say, since they have to be watching at all times. You really learn a TON from scribing! It takes a long day of commitment (you don't have to volunteer for multiple days, unless you want to) but it is so much fun to be involved and you learn a lot!

@Lemon-Drop

Washington is in Area VII. If you go to the USEA website, it gives you the dates and locations of all the recognized events for the year. Not only do we welcome spectators, you could be a volunteer! It's super fun and you get to see all the horses and riders more up-close and personal than if you're just a spectator. There are jobs for all experience levels - if you've never done it before, they'll have you run score sheets from the judges to the office, hand out numbers to the riders, direct them to their stables, put poles back up that got knocked down in the show-jumping...all kinds of help is needed! Once you've done it a couple times, there are even better jobs, such as jump-judging a cross-country jump (they start you off at an easier one, after watching a video) or even scribing for a dressage judge - basically you write down on the score sheet everything they say, since they have to be watching at all times. You really learn a TON from scribing! It takes a long day of commitment (you don't have to volunteer for multiple days, unless you want to) but it is so much fun to be involved and you learn a lot!
Wow! I’d love to volunteer! (Volunteering is one of my favorite things to do)

Definitely have never volunteered at a horse show, though. I think it’d be fun!

Go to the USEA calendar page, where they list all the area VII events taking place this season. Click on whatever events are near you on a date you can get to, and email the organizer saying you want to volunteer. TONS OF FUN, and they will appreciate you.
My 28-tear-old horse is retired from eventing, but I still love being involved in the sport, so maybe I'll see you there!

Go to the USEA calendar page, where they list all the area VII events taking place this season. Click on whatever events are near you on a date you can get to, and email the organizer saying you want to volunteer. TONS OF FUN, and they will appreciate you.
My 28-tear-old horse is retired from eventing, but I still love being involved in the sport, so maybe I'll see you there!
I can't wait! Do you know if there's an age restriction?

I can't wait! Do you know if there's an age restriction?
They welcome younger volunteers (who are old enough to read and follow directions obviously) but what they assign you to do will depend on your age. Because of "Safe Sport" (a set of rules they have, to keep minors safe) they won't put minors in a situation where they might be by themselves, or alone with non-family adults. But I've seen 11 or 12 year olds jump judging in pairs or groups, whose parents are nearby, like riding in the show or doing other volunteer jobs.
If you are a minor and go by yourself, like if your parents drop you off and pick you up later, the show organizers will put you somewhere very public, like opening the gate to let horses in and out of the warmup arena, or being part of a crew that puts knocked-down poles back up in the show-jumping. And they'll want you to go on bathroom or food breaks in groups.

Back
Top Bottom