I Miss Old BYC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like the new site for the following reasons: much slower, cannot see pictures a work due to restrictions ( the old system came thru with no problems)

That sounds like your work image filtering system. The only difference I can see is what server the images are hosted on (I believe they are now hosted on the Huddler server rather than on Nifty's server, but I could be wrong). Therefore it's an issue of getting your employers IT department to whitelist the IP address, or at least to take it off the blacklisted image server list.

In other words, your description makes it sound to me like it's due to a problem in your work image policies, not in anything inherent in BYC.

I you get a GFM you could turn off all adds and the right hand sidebar thing........not saying you have to, but justa though:/

I'm dealing with the new site even though I hate having to use multiple browsers. But I'm working through it. But this is the most annoying response I've seen (and I'm not picking on you-you aren't the only one that suggests it). Some people don't have the extra $$ to put toward a GFM and what if they got it and it still gave them problems? Then they would be out the money and still no better off. Even if people can afford it, they shouldn't have to buy it just to be able to be a member without all the problems some are having. I get that it's expensive to run a forum but I have to admit, I'm a member at dozens of forums and have never once seen any, besides this one, that have a paid option or given certain members more benefits. That's what ads are for.

I'm a member at dozens of forums and have never once seen any, besides this one, that have a paid option or given certain members more benefits.

I agree with everything you say except that sentence. The three other forums that I'm most active on all have either paid options that open up additional features, or in one case, status tiers based on participation that open up extra features, benefits and gifts for the posters. so, that is not unusual at all.

Do not Do not like the new BYC it is impossible to deal with ! Feel like there has been a death in the family !! My beloved BYC is dead gone and buried !

I know the effort was made to try and make it better but sometimes If it ain't broke Don't Mess with It

I know the effort was made to try and make it better but sometimes If it ain't broke Don't Mess with It

Problem is, it was broke. The user interface wasn't broke, but everything underneath that (the back end) was rusted out and barely pasted together. Technically, it just doesn't work to take an old front end and paste it onto a new back end.

There is a profile setting to not see avatars or signatures. That might have have accidental been clicked.
BTW, for people on dial up, that setting will help speed things up, loading all the avatars takes time and bandwidth.

I'm on dial up and always plan to be as long as I have feed bill and children, rather feed bills and food bills! LOL

Will see if this will speed things up! Thanks.

Have you tried clicking on NEW POSTS and then going to my posts or going to your profile and scrolling down? Those are two of the easiest ways to get what you want. You don't need to subscribe and if you do there are many options there that do not include 10,000 emails a day.

Saved. WIll try to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom