I Miss Old BYC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.....i just noticed something.......Since when am I a Golden Feather Member? I feel so happy now
celebrate.gif
whoever got me one, Thank you soo much!

oh.....and can someone tell me what the benifits are for GFMs on this new BYC? There was a link on the Frequently asked questions page but it didn't work
hmm.png
Thanks for any info
big_smile.png

We're still fine tuning them to apply to the new format. We'll need a bit longer to finish them up and then we'll publish them for everyone to see.

Well, I didn't read all the posts because to go through, and read, all 13 pages would literally take about an hour.

My problem is, it takes about a full minute to load each new page. My hubby is an IT director and he has all of our computers up to speed...I have no problems on any other site.

It's making navigating this forum no fun at all, anymore.
hit.gif
sad.png

Last edited:
Well, I didn't read all the posts because to go through, and read,  all 13 pages would literally take about an hour.

My problem is, it takes about a full minute to load each new page.  My hubby is an IT director and he has all of our computers up to speed...I have no problems on any other site.   

It's making navigating this forum no fun at all, anymore. :hit :(

Can you post which browser you're using? I think some are better than others. I'm using Chrome (whatever the newest version is) and it seems to be loading ok. Not great but it's not taking a full minute. When I used an older version of firefox it was terrible and so far, I am resisting a firefox upgrade. IE 9 is working slightly better than Chrome for me but it only removes the junk on the right hand side for a few hours a day.

Pictures are easy, subscriptions are easy (you can delete them all at once now, yea!), etc. Lots to be happy about here. I haven't had issues here that I did on the other site so far. And I did have almost daily issues on the old one-just ask Rob about my whine fests and my complaints about why it was bogged down, why I couldn't submit, why it was timing out constantly, etc. I'd literally have to leave the computer and come back later when I got too frustrated. It would go fast, then bog down on a daily basis. Hasn't happened here, though we know there are still glitches in the new system being worked out.

Let me be 100% clear on this important item: If everybody "whined" as kindly as speckledhen, I'd have WAY fewer gray hairs and the world would be a much better place!
big_smile.png

Over the 5+ months of evaluating and testing this system we absolutely knew there would be trad-offs, challenges, bugs, etc., but after a TON of analysis we decided that the pros outweighed the cons. For the most part I'm still very confident that we made the best decision, and I believe that more peeps will agree as we make further improvements to the system.

Thanks to all those that are being patient with us as we get through this HUGE transition. Also, a GINORMOUS THANK YOU to all the amazing moderators for their help and also to the many members that are stepping up to help answer other peep's questions! We really do have the most amazing community here!

hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom