International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

stick to your eggs or the eggs from someone you can trust, at least you will know what you are dealing with. ebay is a lottery.

I agree with Chickengr . wait tell the breeding season is in full swing and we can score you some good egg from some body we can trust . there is a few good contact .

leave it to me .i promised you some BCM eggs this coming breeding season

don waist you time and money .

chooks man

I almost did a impulsive thing last night, I saw the most perfect eggs on ebay

$72 dollars was the final bid between the two people that were bidding (bid was for 12+ eggs).

These eggs were "7" and "8"s, the parents were show champions, bloodline was Wade Jean and Bev Davis. 

I need to stick with my plan, I will be getting either pure Little Peddler eggs or some half LP eggs to work with.

I am collecting some of my own eggs to pop into the incubator in the next couple days.... what can I say, I am in the hatching mood :jumpy .  

Please, don't trust ebay eggs. I got some off there last year, a lady in PA selling them saying that champion birds cane from them and that they were Jean and Davis lines. The eggs were certainly dark when I got them but the one chick I for to hatch grew up to have a carnation comb and laid about a 4. She replaced the eggs because of the bad hatch and the only one that hatched was a wheaten. She was all like "Oh congratulations! You got one of the recessive ones". I've lost any and all hope for ebay eggs. At least for marans.

Quote: I already promised eggs but BB seems determined to get them somewhere else.
idunno.gif

Feel Right Farm (breeder of my birds) sells on rare breed auction..... so does Greenfire. A very good place to get very expensive eggs at a much more reasonable price.

Last edited:
I agree with Chickengr . wait tell the breeding season is in full swing and we can score you some good egg from some body we can trust . there is a few good contact .

leave it to me .i promised you some BCM eggs this coming breeding season

don waist you time and money .

chooks man

Please, don't trust ebay eggs. I got some off there last year, a lady in PA selling them saying that champion birds cane from them and that they were Jean and Davis lines. The eggs were certainly dark when I got them but the one chick I for to hatch grew up to have a carnation comb and laid about a 4. She replaced the eggs because of the bad hatch and the only one that hatched was a wheaten. She was all like "Oh congratulations! You got one of the recessive ones". I've lost any and all hope for ebay eggs. At least for marans.

I totally understand what you're all saying.

I agree, I wouldn't have purchased them, I just get excited seeing eggs that are so pretty and that come from birds that look so perfect haha.

I don't want to tempt you but I am afraid of ebay eggs but feel a little better about rarebreedauction.com. You might get those LP at a good price.

I already promised eggs but BB seems determined to get them somewhere else.
idunno.gif

Feel Right Farm (breeder of my birds) sells on rare breed auction..... so does Greenfire. A very good place to get very expensive eggs at a much more reasonable price.

I will most defiantly accept your offer!

I love your birds and would most certainly love to receive some of your eggs when your girls are laying a good sized egg.

I adore your FRF group, they are gorgeous guys and gals.

First two are a couple of my wheatons second two are one of my BC hens next one is a BC hen and the last one is a Cuckoo.

I will get picture of Sheldon and Leonard tomorrow I have head shot I will try to pick them out tonight or get different one tomorrow.

Last edited:
This is Will my Wheaton Rooster he is now 15 weeks

sorry this 2 photos are not a same cockerel .
one on the right with a tail down is a wheaten
the other one on the left with a tail up is a Black copper .

2 different cockerel .not a same black
not a same feet colors .
not a same hackle color .

make sure what you sending is not confusing for the beginner . cheers.

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom