Isbar thread

Pics
Here's my hatch- ended up with 4 black ameraucana, 1 blue ameraucana, 2 black isbar and 1 splash isbar! The splash was a surprise- I continued to incubate that egg even though I couldn't see any movement and it made it! It is having trouble finding its legs though- I hope it figures it out soon, started it on Poly-vi-sol in case it was deficiency related. One of the black Ameraucana's had wry neck really bad, started pedialyte and poly-vi-sol right away but it passed away a few hours after it hatched.
sad.png
Going to candle my second Isbar batch soon and see how they are coming along, not sure if it will happen tonight hubby brought a BUNCH of birds home from auction late last night and I have spent all day getting them cleaned up and settled in. OK maybe not a bunch for some people, he brought home about 35 birds total most of them 6-8 weeks old. Regardless it's kept me running all day!

Here's my hatch- ended up with 4 black ameraucana, 1 blue ameraucana, 2 black isbar and 1 splash isbar! The splash was a surprise- I continued to incubate that egg even though I couldn't see any movement and it made it! It is having trouble finding its legs though- I hope it figures it out soon, started it on Poly-vi-sol in case it was deficiency related. One of the black Ameraucana's had wry neck really bad, started pedialyte and poly-vi-sol right away but it passed away a few hours after it hatched.
sad.png
Going to candle my second Isbar batch soon and see how they are coming along, not sure if it will happen tonight hubby brought a BUNCH of birds home from auction late last night and I have spent all day getting them cleaned up and settled in. OK maybe not a bunch for some people, he brought home about 35 birds total most of them 6-8 weeks old. Regardless it's kept me running all day!

Awesome! 3 chickies is a good surprise! I hope Your little splash is improving... How many Isbar eggs doing you have going in this next batch? Please keep sharing pics, and please keep us in the loop as to how this new hatch is coming along:)

Ambers, That doesn't seem so horribly far away, but i guess it could be for the chickies.... When i ordered (not isbars:( ) i got mine from Ideal. Thank goodness they are only about 4 1/2 hours away from me. I still wasn't able to make the drive to pick them up, but they all made the trip ok, except the 1 baby duck. How soon will you be getting your replacements?

Last edited:
Absolutely! One of the blacks died later that day, as well as two of the black ameraucanas.
hit.gif
I wonder if it is related to the cool down incident. But the rest of them are hunky-dory, I will try to get some more pictures uploaded in a few days! The little splash is up and getting around fine now. I was a little worried at first but can't even tell now that it was having trouble. My four year old has named it "Snowy."

BTW I am super glad I thought to put a divider in during that hatch and then mark the black one before putting it in the brooder- it is nearly identical to the black ameraucanas!
ep.gif
Freak out moment where I contemplate the possible mistake of selling my isbar instead of an ameraucana chick!

Candled my second Isbar batch, due to hatch Friday August 31. 9 out of 15 coming along nicely, and 2 maybes I left in. Come on, chickies! :)

I need some help from all of you experienced with Isbars. I had this little chick hatch this morning about 7AM. It is the only one from 22 eggs to hatch :( I am very concerned for this baby. It cannot right itself. It lays on its back with its legs straight out. When I try to right it, it just flops right back over onto it's back. Can someone offer some thoughts. I am just distraught right now, I'd love to be able to save this chick, but right now I am not very hopeful. Any thoughts/suggestions would be great. Thanks so much!
Kim

I need some help from all of you experienced with Isbars. I had this little chick hatch this morning about 7AM. It is the only one from 22 eggs to hatch :( I am very concerned for this baby. It cannot right itself. It lays on its back with its legs straight out. When I try to right it, it just flops right back over onto it's back. Can someone offer some thoughts. I am just distraught right now, I'd love to be able to save this chick, but right now I am not very hopeful. Any thoughts/suggestions would be great. Thanks so much!
Kim
Sorry, most likely you will lose this little one.
sad.png
Best advice is to give it some baby vitamins (like Poly-vi-sol, one drop twice a day) and maybe some pedialyte to drink, keep it warm and comfy, but what little experience I have with these that have started out this way didn't make it. Probably just "one of those things"- genetic problems, etc. I'm down to 1 chick from my set of 24 eggs, as well. Only 3 hatched. It is almost a week old so I am hopeful I don't lose this one, as well.

So sorry to hear everyone is loosing their Isbars. :( I also lost 2 out of 4 chicks that I hatched this past spring, but not right away. I lost them at between 2-4 weeks. Not sure what happen.
idunno.gif

I had thought maybe they are sensitive to medicated feed or need extra vitamins.

Back
Top Bottom