Isbar thread

Pics
Thank you. I'm envious of your new baby.. I love the blues but it was the Splash that caught my eye originally.
Their sweet demeanor was just a bonus.

they're so lovely!! cannot wait to get chicks from Jordan Farms, he's raising them for a few weeks so they'll be hardier for the cross-country trek...
laura

To a happy, very opinionated chick who has found her feet!

I am cautiously optimistic! She is eating and drinking on her own now. She is still learning to walk, but with every step she gets better :)

I'm so glad your chick is doing better, I hope it continues to thrive.

Hatched May 24, 2012 Blue Isbar Rooster

Now

Are you sure this bird isn't a splash?

Deb

Well first one out is a splash! I can hear more cheeping but nobody else has external pips yet. Here's hoping a wake up to an incubator full of cute little fuzzy-butted Isbars!

Rinda

Just to open on honest discussion, What is the persentage that are dying while young for each of you? For your Isbars who are full grown, Are they strong and vigorous health wise? Or do they require vitamin's, special feed, or unique housing? (as a breeding newbie) How often/can you breed brother to sister, or Father to daughter? I ask so that I will know how to handle them once I get my own.
I'm sure that like all the other breeds, we want this one to be recognized, respected and loved. (how can they help it once they've seen them<3) I lost one out of my ten Cali Whites at about 4 weeks for no reason I could find. This happens with all breeds, but I haven't seen it discussed here yet.

I hatched out 5 chicks out of the 12 shipped. Splash was born with spraddle leg but was fixed easily. They recieved save-a-chick in their water the first week of life. NONE have had any problems at all since, oh and I fed medicated chick feed. They r now 18wks and doing well!

Still waiting... have one splash, one blue, one black that are out, another blue that drowned while unzipping. :( Four eggs with no peep... I had to help the black out it was taking so long that the shell was drying and sticking to it, I'm afraid the humidity is too low I spritzed warm water in there when I helped the black out but I don't know what else I could do that would be a help and not a hinderance. I don't have a hygrometer so I don't know what the humidity is, I just keep the water trays full and all but one hole in the cover closed. Actually I think I am going to go block the last hole and hope that helps, I wonder if I should open it again to put in a warm wet washcloth? Anyone care to give me advice?

This is out of 15 eggs BTW. 8 went into lockdown looking good, and 2 more I left in "just in case" but I don't expect them to hatch, I think they quit about day 15 or so.

Rinda

Back
Top Bottom